This thread is brought to you by the letter H!

mikealan

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
I remember that one!

Harry the Horse had very long hair.
It tripped him whenever he walked.
It got in his eyes,
Tickled his nose,
And got in his mouth when he talked.

Harry: "Eshkythopflllupllltherupfullflopff."

(Quite possibly the most lengthy abstract word ever spoken by a horse on Sesame Street.)

Convincing John
Actually, this one's called "Consonant Sound: H, Horse". But was there another 'h' segment from the same animation company that created h-hair, p-puddle, and k-kick where the man said the word "HAND" and then the giant hand grabbed him into the word-bubble???

SesameMike

Reaction score
What about that animation where an elephant sits on a kid? The boy tries to pick up the elephant and says "heavy". The pachyderm starts laughing with a ha! ha! ha! sound, but emanating from his mouth is "hhh" "hhh" "hhh" (two or three h's there).

Then of course there's the "Hello, is Harold there?" joke that was described recently.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember this wild artistic H skit with funky music and Luis and a little girl as narrators. First it shows an H and Luis asks a little girl, how many things can you name that begins with H? Then it shows a blue animated Maria and then it shows a bald head with all sorts of different hair styles popping up on the head. And then it shows 2 real hands shaking. And then cartoon high heels clicking while a white H appears. Then a cartoon heart beating then transforming into a black H. Then the H gallops and transforms into a horse, then we see a real hawk losing a cartoon feather, a cartoon hen watching a baby chick hatch, then we see some water ripples and a cartoon hippo jumps out by surprise and we see some live hippos in the water. Then we see someone throwing a pingping ball at a red H with Luis asking what kind of things can we do that starts with H. Then we see a yellow H in the woods with hiking boots, a horsehoe getting thrown at a thin white H, a hula hoop circle a big red H. And Luis going, "Heather too, that begins with H!" Must be the girl he's taking to. And it ends with a big red H standing proudly.

It was a totally sureal skit.
that 1 part with Maria. most of the segment was computer animated and while i could be was her standing in front of some computer device and i don't know the name of it. but i remember years later on 321 Contact, the 1st season Lisa visited this man who operated this computerizes machine where 1 stands in front of it and you throgh this camera and you appear on screen the way Maria did on this H segment.

Ziffel

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
What about that animation where an elephant sits on a kid? The boy tries to pick up the elephant and says "heavy". The pachyderm starts laughing with a ha! ha! ha! sound, but emanating from his mouth is "hhh" "hhh" "hhh" (two or three h's there).
Was this the same one where they frequently say, "Small h"? And at the end after the elephant laughs "ha ha ha ha ha ha" he says, "Small h" and they both whisper "Ha". And at one point in the segment the elephant says, "Owwwch" but don't recall why. (The boy didn't give him a hotfoot did he? :crazy: ). Oh and right before that the boy says, "Honk honk." That's if it was a boy, that is. I was recollecting a big elephant and a small elephant (thought there were two trunks at the end when they say "Ha", but I could be wrong or this could be a different cartoon but it seems like the same).

ISNorden

Reaction score
Soul H said:
And aside from the song Soul H, my other favourite skit is when they show a painting, then a capital H in many shades of blue appears in the center of the painting and starts growing, followed by heavenly lady voices singing the letter of the day. Then a lowercase h emerges and the same thing happens and ends with the capital and lowercase Hh in the center of the painting, followed by a heavenly voice saying "Hh".
That sounds like the "Gregorian Chant" letter series: the "painting" was actually a wallpaper-like abstract pattern from which 3-D letters emerge. Beautiful in theory, though I always thought the letters were hard to see properly... :confused: I've seen clips for other letters in that series, but not the "H" one. Sorry...

ISNorden

Reaction score
An "H" clip you may have forgotten

This one first aired sometime in the early 90s: A group of children pass by a firehouse on a cold day. They peek through the windows and notice fire-fighting items whose names begin with H; as each new item is mentioned, one of the children pronounces its name with an exaggerated "Hhh..." at the beginning (enough to fog up a window and allow writing the word). When the children leave, another passerby notices the writing and asks: "What's a hat-hose-hook?" He looks through the windows himself, and spots the three objects placed together strangely--the hook is "wearing" the hat and wrapped in the hose.

Soul H

Reaction score
I remember that sketch clearly:

Harold (big muscular man) - Hi Howard.
Howard (small thin man) - Hello Harold.
Harold - This is the letter H.
Howard - I'm aware of that.
Harold - Name some words that begin with this letter.

(Harold picks up the H and hands to Howard which is too big for him)

Howard - Hey! Heavy! (making the H sound) Huge! (making the H sound) Hard! (making the H sound) Hop! (making the H sound) Hurts! (making the H sound) Hopeless! (making the H sound) HELP!!!

(Howard collapses to the weight of the H)

Harold - Congratulations. Hey, heavy, huge, hard, hop, hurts, hopeless and help all begin with the letter H.

Howard - (weakly) Hooray.

Ziffel said:
I remember an animated h segment with a little man and a much bigger size man. I'm a little fuzzy about how the very beginning goes. I think the big guy asks the little guy if he can think of any h words. And he hands a letter h to him that is really cumbersome because it is about as big as he is. The little guy starts to wobble while holding the h and says, "Hey! Heavy ... Huge ... Hard ... Hop? (not totally certain what word he says here) ... Hurts ... Hopeless ... Help!!" Then he falls down on his back and the h is on top of him. The big guy picks up the h and says, "Congratulations. Hey, heavy, huge, hard, hop, hurts, hopeless and help all begin with the letter h." The little guy in a very weak voice lies there and says, "Hooray."

Soul H

Reaction score
That sounds like the "Gregorian Chant" letter series: the "painting" was actually a wallpaper-like abstract pattern from which 3-D letters emerge. Beautiful in theory, though I always thought the letters were hard to see properly... :confused: I've seen clips for other letters in that series, but not the "H" one. Sorry...
That's the sketch I meant. I've seen them all. I, J, G, Z, E and H. I never knew why they were called Gregorian Chant though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is nothing funnier, albiet unintentionally, than the one where the pole vaulter pole vaults the different H's....

Somehow he looked EXACTLY like Mario dying in Super Mario one and Super Mario 3...