They said **** in the Great muppet Caper

golden teeth

Reaction score
I'm not saying they used it in a curse word form, but it caught me by surprise. The line was something like...
Janice: Though the (forgot it) and the whole place's gone to ****.

It just caught me by surprise. They also said it in Muppet Treasure Island.

Long John: Oh, **** Jim.

It especially surprises me when Muppets say it.

:big_grin:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The line is, "But the management is cheerful though the whole joint's gone to -ell, you'll fit right in at Happiness Hotel". Change a few conjunctions maybe, but that's almost it exactly.
You know, I haven't seen GMC, though I have the 25th TMS Anniversary CD, and I've listened to that song many a time. I didn't even take notice of it until I had read the lyrics written down. :big_grin:

And Long John is a pirate. For a pirate he was actually quite mild mannered. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well the Saturday Night Live puppets cussed a lot. I don't think Muppets are supposed to be to kiddy friendly. Give them lines every once and a while like what Janice said. I liek to see the audience stunned.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
And, hey, did you guys know that the english MTI is censered? Bloody is replaced in two places by Blooming.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
the muppets do do "blue" sometimes
Really? What'd they eat? :crazy: :zany:

(That's a dirty joke of sorts).

What was said above is correct. Muppets aren't meant to be for kids, it's adult all the way, stuff that kids can enjoy and adults understand.

Sesame Street is for kids. If I heard h3ll come from SS THEN I'd be shocked into oblivion!

B

Boppity

Help PLEASE

I have a bit of an embarrasing question I'm pretty sure someone will come along and make me look like an idiot buuuut I thought I heard Long John say S**** in MTI he said something like "WE ATE OUR OWN S*** TO GET HERE JIM" during or before or after the pirate song maybe he said ship but then it wouldnt make sense...I'm almost certain he couldn't have said that in a Muppet Movie but I can't think of anything else he could have said instead...And I'm not imagining this...I just watched it last night. :eek:

Boppity

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'll have to listen for that again, I'm not sure either. Maybe he didn't say "ate." Maybe it was "we take our own ship." The version I have on tape is ABC's version though, so even if he did swear it was probably edited out.

BEAR

Reaction score
This reminds me of a scene from the Dick Van Dyke Show reunion special.

Rob: D**n. What the h*** are we doing here?
Sally: "H***" and "d**n"? When did you start talking dirty?
Laura: Right after we got cable.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Boppity said:
I have a bit of an embarrasing question I'm pretty sure someone will come along and make me look like an idiot buuuut I thought I heard Long John say S**** in MTI he said something like "WE ATE OUR OWN S*** TO GET HERE JIM" during or before or after the pirate song maybe he said ship but then it wouldnt make sense...I'm almost certain he couldn't have said that in a Muppet Movie but I can't think of anything else he could have said instead...And I'm not imagining this...I just watched it last night. :eek:

Boppity
Was it not, "We shed our blood to get it here."

Whatever it was, I can asure you it wasn't we ate our poop...