The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

cjd874

Reaction score
The entire "Yesterday and Today" Beatles album, released in the US. Comprised of album tracks and singles from 1965-1966.
  1. Drive My Car - Paul sings like Little Richard, and Ringo plays cowbell. Beep-beep-mm, beep-beep-yeah!
  2. I'm Only Sleeping - John's psychedelic ode to laziness, featuring a backwards guitar solo.
  3. Nowhere Man - John, Paul, & George harmonize perfectly.
  4. Doctor Robert - John leads a tribute to an infamous New York physician.
  5. Yesterday - Paul's timeless acoustic ballad, with a string quartet in the background.
  6. Act Naturally - Ringo sings a country-rock tune!
  7. And Your Bird Can Sing - John's heavy guitar-driven rocker.
  8. If I Needed Someone - George sings lead.
  9. We Can Work It Out - Paul sings about a failing relationship, and John plays harmonium.
  10. What Goes On - Ringo sings again!
  11. Day Tripper - Paul sings lead on this #1 hit.
If this isn't a solid track listing, I don't know what is.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Incidentally some guy at work today was telling me about "Drive My Car" and how bad Ringo's cowbell is on it lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. . . .

Before puberty, this is exactly the kind of high falsetto voice I used to be able to do with absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Man, that falsetto puts Leo Sayer to shame... I didn't know Elmo was in the Four Seasons.

Might as well throw my contribution in since this is such a great tune:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
After raving about Todd Rundgren in the top 10 thread, I might as well throw something in:

So many songs with him where I say "How was this not a hit?" (then again I've been hearing these songs my whole life)... like you think I might've heard this song at least once on classic rock radio, but no. :rolleyes:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Man, that falsetto puts Leo Sayer to shame... I didn't know Elmo was in the Four Seasons.

Might as well throw my contribution in since this is such a great tune:

That song alone makes me amazed with the fact I can make my voice go that high when singing.