The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Old Thunder

Reaction score
That is literally one of her worst songs ever - she basically turns her narcissism and conceit up to 11.
What she did was write a simple pop song about how great she’d be for a certain lover. It’s not narcissistic, it’s just the state of pop music right now and she did it better than just about every other artist doing the same thing. You Need To Calm Down, Snowth.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Also having relistened to the song just now, it’s clearly about a couple working out their differences because they love each other and know that no one is gonna be able to come close to “me-hee-hee” and “you-oo-oo”. That’s hardly narcissistic, it’s just a typical lovey-dovey pop song, and I like it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What she did was write a simple pop song about how great she’d be for a certain lover. It’s not narcissistic
That's literally what every single one of her songs is . . . that is narcissistic: she's glorifying herself and making herself out to be greatest thing the world has to offer . . . that's the basic personificaiton of narcissism.
Also having relistened to the song just now, it’s clearly about a couple working out their differences because they love each other and know that no one is gonna be able to come close to “me-hee-hee” and “you-oo-oo”. That’s hardly narcissistic, it’s just a typical lovey-dovey pop song, and I like it!
Oy. What is with you people and trying to read inbetween the lines of pop songs for deeper meanings when there's nothing there? Those #MeToo idiots do the same thing with Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You." "Oh, this song is so romantic, because she's singing about attraction and being deeply in love!" Uh, no, he's not; there's a fine line between love and lust, and he's singing about the latter.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oy. What is with you people and trying to read inbetween the lines of pop songs for deeper meanings when there's nothing there? Those #MeToo idiots do the same thing with Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You." "Oh, this song is so romantic, because she's singing about attraction and being deeply in love!" Uh, no, he's not; there's a fine line between love and lust, and he's singing about the latter.
This isn’t a deeper meaning. This is the **** song, and having Brendan Urie provide male vocals is the proof in the pudding. You just always go into a Swift song biased against her and are so blinded by hatred you don’t even comprehend what’s really being played.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What if Donald Trump collabs with T Swift on her next song?

Produced by Charlie Benson of course. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Luckily, they wouldn't go for that: Republicans hate Taylor right now since she's trying to align herself with Democrats.

Though I could totally see Trump and Charlie working on a collab with Kanye!