The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

cjd874

Reaction score
So I'm a Frank Zappa fan if you didn't know already...and I really can't get enough of the 1984 Stony Brook concerts. You can find them on YouTube. Sure the songs and electronic instruments sound really dated, but I really enjoy the music itself. My absolute favorite guitar solos are on "City of Tiny Lights" and "The Black Page."
(NOTE: Zappa's lyrics were super PG-13 rated stuff, maybe even R in terms of themes & language...take caution before proceeding!)

cjd874

Reaction score
Not sure who it was who once said that they love belting out good songs, but here's a really REALLY legendary "just-go-for-it-and-belt" song by the Doobie Brothers. Was it @D'Snowth , @LittleJerry92 , or someone else?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think I may have brought this song up once.

But, yeah, definitely love wailing my vocals to the high notes. You really do need some backup vocals to pull it off, though.

cjd874

Reaction score
I think I may have brought this song up once.

But, yeah, definitely love wailing my vocals to the high notes. You really do need some backup vocals to pull it off, though.
I'm not sure if people give the Doobie Brothers enough credit as vocalists. Sure, classic bands like Queen, Eagles, and most 1960s - 1970s Motown/R&B groups (Miracles, Spinners, Chi-Lites, etc.) had amazing vocals, but I think the Doobies are right up there with them as well.

cjd874

Reaction score
Michael McDonald is a god among men. He could sing the Olive Garden menu and it would sound incredible.