1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiki, Jan 13, 2007.

1. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I listened to this legendary song on International Women's Day...how fitting!

newsmanfan likes this.
  2. Misskermie

Misskermie Well-Known Member

I watched Sweeney Todd for the first time last week, and the entire soundtrack is stuck in my head, but lately I've listened to "The Worst Pies in London" because it makes me chuckle.

newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

This was the most played song of 1997? Take me back!

4. Blue Frackle

5. Misskermie

Adele is my queen, and she most definitely is stuck in my head.

6. Blue Frackle

Wow, that's actually pretty tolerable; all I know is "Hello from the other SSSSSIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEE"... makes me want to run for cover.

Misskermie likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I like to call that the Breaking Bad cop song now. :p

newsmanfan likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This is a pretty song:

It doesn't actually start becoming enjoyable until about a third of the way in, though.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  9. Grumpo

Grumpo Member

This one, from his old album of pirate stories:

10. Misskermie

This song never fails to make me smile. Never. I don't know if its just that mood-influencing, or if my love of all things Super Mario just rules my life at this point.

ConsummateVs and Grumpo like this.
  11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I kind of love and hate this at the same time:

newsmanfan likes this.
  12. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Interesting. As a YouTube commenter said, it kinda sounds like it belongs in a bad Disney sitcom or DCOM.

Also, Smells Like Teen Spirit is a great song, but I still say the Muppet Barbershop Quartet version from The Muppets '11 is even better. :p

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was great. It's all I can think of whenever I hear this song! That's actually how I was first introduced to it.

LittleJerry92 and ConsummateVs like this.
  14. D'Snowth

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" seems to be a song that people either love or hate, with very little middle ground.

15. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

It’s an overplayed song, but a classic none the less.

newsmanfan and Blue Frackle like this.
  16. Blue Frackle

People will never know what they missed.

17. Blue Frackle

Just as a random aside about Nevermind, I really feel like "In Bloom" should've been the opening track, with "Teen Spirit" following suit; "Bloom" has that standard album opener quality, while I feel like the "hit" typically goes second on most records. You can't have your desert before you eat your meal... the rest of the album flows fine.

newsmanfan likes this.
  18. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Encountered this a couple days ago. Not enthused about her softer songs, but the creepygorgeous visual aesthetic to this makes me want to go rewatch Hill House, and I can't get the music out of my head. We saw an interview with her and her brother talking about the sounds they recorded and used for this song, including an orthodontist's drill. Love that.

19. D'Snowth

This is actually kinda cool:

newsmanfan likes this.
  20. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I recently discovered some live Beatles concerts on YouTube and have been listening to those. Even though the audiences were screaming wildly, it's amazing that the Beatles' shows were as good as they were.

newsmanfan and LittleJerry92 like this.