The Wander over Yonder Thread

C to the J

Reaction score
To any clueless viewer, it may seem as though Disney's no longer supportive of Wander Over Yonder. WRONG! Check out the image taken from a search on http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/calendar/

Sure, it'll be on during the night, but recording shows on the DVR isn't a bad idea. It's like Peepers said in The Bad Neighbors, "Whether it's stopping a powerful villainess or throwing the perfect barbecue, when the chips are down sometimes you need a small win to give you the confidence for a big win."

If you ask me, if Disney had absolutely no faith in the show, it would never have been promoted at D23 in 2013.

And on a related topic, Peepsqueak has started a brand new project called Codename F.O.R.C.E. (Fan-made Operation Regarding Conquering Earth). What you do is print out a Hater flag design, make the flag out of craft tools, take pictures of the flag in various places around the world, and submit the pictures to Operation FORCE.

Here's a link if you're curious to know more about it:
http://peepsqueak.tumblr.com/post/161248069082/operation-force

C to the J

Reaction score
For those of you who own a DirecTV DVR and are living in the west coast - reruns start at 7 PM (starting with The Rager/The Good Bad Guy, of course). So if I were you, I'd show some support by watching recording the episodes IMMEDIATELY! Those who miss out should have an explanation.

C to the J

Reaction score
Guess what! The Disney Now app is now available on iTunes's app store and Google Play. It includes shows from Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD, and get this, Wander Over Yonder is one of them. As of now, only the entire first season can be watched (maybe the second season will be added in the future), so now's your chance to check it out and prove to Disney that demand for the show is rising.

If any one you are newcomers who haven't seen the first season (or even purchased the two seasons on iTunes or whatever), you'd best make sure you've seen "The Hero" and "The Date" before watching "The Enemies" - just one of the few instances of show continuity.

On a somewhat related topic, Craig is nearly done with the pilot for his fourth cartoon. One thing's for sure, he did not leave Cartoon Network with two hit shows under his belt to be denied the privilege to end his first show for Disney his way. If enough people care about what he's done for the company, the executives who decided to discontinue WOY (four of them if I'm not mistaken) will change their mind - if not, we could always find replacements with a just sense of equality.

C to the J

Reaction score
Hey! Hey! Heyheyheyheyheyhey!

If you remember getting a brief glimpse of that one shot of the colorful ship adorned with stars, smiles, and orbbles (from The Waste of Time)...

...then you’ll be in for quite a treat.

I was on Twitter one early Sunday morning (yesterday) and discovered this...

An image of a brief cameo taken from the S1 finale of Future-Worm, which aired on Disney XD channels outside of America.

I’m guessing the ship that carried the hooded refugees gets a huge makeover and Wander and Sylvia receive it as a gift of gratitude, allowing them to explore the restored galaxy in a whole new way. The ship is called, and I quote, “The Star Nomad”!

I got word that there are three other shows that also get brief cameos:
  • Gravity Falls (I’m already over it because (1) it got a definite ending — in mid-February of 2016, (2) it’s still gosh darn popular, and (3) most of its fans aren’t helping with the SaveWOY movement, and I find that disturbing, especially when they rarely acknowledge that cameo/nod/parody in The Cartoon.)
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil (I stopped watching it after two seasons because of the same two latter facts I mentioned regarding GF. And I’m pretty sure some people will mistake the words for Star Wars: Forces of Destiny.)
  • Pickle and Peanut (I’m not quite sure what Disney sees in it, but complaints about it continue to fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. What’s more, a little bit of merchandising has been planned for it.)
According to Craig’s Tumblr post about the dreadful news about Wander’s uncalled-for cancellation, the bosses of DTVA and DXD were excited about the third season pitch before it got denied, so we have to talk some sense into the bosses higher than them (4 to be exact).

If we want to find out more about The Star Nomad, the space primate, Hater’s backstory, where Peepers and the Watchdogs came from, and the fate of Dominator, we must keep spreading awareness of the show in every possible way. Me? I’ve recently dropped off a little note for the people affected by the Las Vegas tragedy.

What will you do to help people and spread awareness?

C to the J

Reaction score
Seems to me that I'm the only one on this forum paying close attention to this cartoon.

Anyway, attention, forum users! Wander Over Yonder reruns are back! And with season one included, no less! There are 37 half-hours set to air this weekend, so it will soon be time to show Disney how much we still care about WOY. If you have a DVR, I strongly recommend recording it.

For too long, Disney has been shoving reruns of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls down America's throat. Are we going to let the success of those shows (plus Star vs. the Forces of Evil and other cancellation-proof shows) get in the way of giving Wander one more season? No. Are we going to let the love put into the show go unnoticed? No. Are we going to let the whole show end without Wander successfully befriending Lord Hater? No. Are we going to let that space pod in the second season finale animatic remain a mystery? No. Are we going to let the Save WOY movement end in vain? No! You should get the idea by now.

We must act when the time comes (Friday night/Saturday morning, early Sunday morning, and Sunday afternoon to early Monday morning).

mr3urious

Reaction score
For too long, Disney has been shoving reruns of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls down America's throat. Are we going to let the success of those shows (plus Star vs. the Forces of Evil and other cancellation-proof shows) get in the way of giving Wander one more season? No. Are we going to let the love put into the show go unnoticed? No. Are we going to let the whole show end without Wander successfully befriending Lord Hater? No. Are we going to let that space pod in the second season finale animatic remain a mystery? No. Are we going to let the Save WOY movement end in vain? No! You should get the idea by now.
As long as tweencoms aren't being shoved down our throats instead, I'm cool with that. Or Pickle & Peanut.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's almost starting to sound like you have some sort of personal vendetta against Disney's other cartoons.

C to the J

Reaction score
Hope y'all got the episodes recorded. Oddly, there was one missing: The Battle Royale. It's kind of important - apart from everyone learning of Lord Dominator's true gender, the episode features General McGuffin getting zapped into a bucket of chicken and the Black Cube having second thoughts about villainy after failing to pick up the "Ring of Invincibility."

It's almost starting to sound like you have some sort of personal vendetta against Disney's other cartoons.
Well, when you grow up familiarizing yourself with an experienced cartoonist and his two hit shows for CN and find out that he went to a different company to make an original, well-animated show, which got promoted at D23 in 2013, you become attached to how that one show is being treated. And in the resurgence of DTVA, you expect Disney to treat every creatively conceived show right. If you find that the one show you enjoy very much doesn't get one more season for proper closure because its first season ratings aren't on par with the higher ratings of the other shows, you feel a total sense of injustice. You also feel that by watching the more successful cartoons, you give Disney the impression that there's no interest in the show they left on a cliffhanger.

I don't mean to oppose Disney's other shows, I'm just resentful of Disney's lack of equality in the TV department. Who wouldn't be disappointed in the executives for denying Craig McCracken, a cartoonist with more than 20 years of experience, a third and final season in which Wander would be tested?

There are plenty of reasons to be interested in a third season besides the story arc about testing Wander in every possible way (like how the second season tested Lord Hater):
  • A threat worse than Lord Dominator - while Dominator exploited everyone's weaknesses, the threat would exploit everyone's strengths.
  • Lord Hater having to deal with his savior-of-the-galaxy status and trying to stay evil.
  • Commander Peepers being tempted to a darker side.
  • Dominator being the first to appear in the season, still roaming the cosmos and complaining about her defeat, followed something "delightfully petty but still wholly Dominator" happening later.
  • Hater's origin story.
  • Return of previous characters (both S1 and S2) and introduction of new characters.
  • More of Sylvia's past as a bounty hunter.
  • Origin of the Watchdogs.
  • Maybe some hints about Wander's past to tie in with the story arc.
So until I get to see these ideas happen, I've decided to put off watching a third season of any cartoon Disney has to offer. It is fortunate that cartoons this year got very good finales. Some that had hiatuses (Regular Show, Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero) and others that came back after cancellation (either with a season like Samurai Jack or with a TV movie like Hey Arnold!). I expect that one day, Wander Over Yonder will have something along the lines of such big finishes.

Keep your eyes open - there's another little marathon coming up on December 16th (from 11 AM to 3:30 PM)!

C to the J

Reaction score
Looks like I have a minor error in my list.

Correction:

Dominator being the first to appear in the season, still roaming the cosmos and complaining about her defeat, followed by something “delightfully petty but still wholly Dominator” happening later.
When I think of this, I imagine Dominator finishing off the orange, pulling out her smartphone (with a crack or two from the damage she incurred), and looking at the picture she took in The Flower (that has to play a key role somehow).

C to the J

Reaction score
Another marathon tonight on Disney XD (The Big Day through The Waste of Time) at 7:00 PM - 3:30 AM or 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM. Record it if you’d like to save it. I know I will.

And when the streaming service launches, I’m hoping that’s where we’ll get to see the cliffhanger get resolved.