The Videogame Thread

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
If anybody lives in Michigan, I found this store over the weekend called Destiny Games. They have old gaming systems like Nintendo and Colecovision, and all the games to go with it, too :big_grin: I was so excited.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just came back from a trip to New Hampshire and I visited the most amazing video arcade ever. Funspot. I learned about it from the movie, The King of Kong, A Fistful of Quarters. It had all my favorite 80's games from when I was a kid. There was Pengo, Q-bert's Qubes, Kangaroo, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Venture, Mouse Trap, Vanguard, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, and games I thought I would never see again in my life.

http://www.funspotnh.com/

Lately when I go to sleep, I usually have dreams that I'd run into an arcade with my old favorites. Now I actually got to experience my dream for real! Thank you, Lord! :smile:
Hey! I've seen that movie and I love it! Very cool that you got to go there!

So Nintendo is cutting the price on the Wii from 249.99 to 199.99. But not only are they doing this, but they are offering for a 50 rebate for those who have already paid full price!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/09/nintendo-prez-on-wii-price-cuts/1

muppet baby

Reaction score
Ok i have a BIG question about the nentendo DS games , are they taking off the market some of the mario DS games i sure hope not Mario is my all time faverite full line of games and i just have not had a chance to get some of the good ones that i REALLY WANT !

I saw that some of the Mario DS games where going for almost 100 dollars and i was like what in world is going on here !

Could some one let me know i can not find any info on this when i go to a local store and i see one for a good price like say the normal 25 to 30 dollar price that u see these games go for i want to get them , sure hope that they are going to be around like the surper pricess peach game i want that one so bad .

A few other mario DS game .

Come to think of it i really love the entire line of mario games i hope they are going to stay around for a long time .

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ I just went to Amazon and checked on the Mario games. Yeah, some of them are going for $90+, and that's Amazon's pricing :confused: Wow. Guess people are better off getting them used.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just came back from a trip to New Hampshire and I visited the most amazing video arcade ever. Funspot. I learned about it from the movie, The King of Kong, A Fistful of Quarters. It had all my favorite 80's games from when I was a kid. There was Pengo, Q-bert's Qubes, Kangaroo, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Venture, Mouse Trap, Vanguard, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, and games I thought I would never see again in my life.

http://www.funspotnh.com/

Lately when I go to sleep, I usually have dreams that I'd run into an arcade with my old favorites. Now I actually got to experience my dream for real! Thank you, Lord! :smile:

Congrats! I used to go ever since i could remember till i turned 14, 1-2 times a year. FUN PLACE. I have family that live up there so i grew up thereish lol.

I tried planning a trip up there in the summer of 08, but ended up spending my money getting place near the beach... tho i had a great time, i miss Fun Spot.

Wanna know something interesting? Thats the world's biggest arcade. Look it up in the Guinness Book Records... its in there :smile: now you can brag to all your friends... like i do :stick_out_tongue:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Awww, that place looks cool! I'd have so much fun in the "classic" room.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No one has bemoaned the slow demise of the neighborhood arcade as much as I have. I really think modern video games (which are now capable of downloading arcade games) and computer emulation have pretty much Wal*Marted them to endangered species classification.

Of course, another part of the problem were the various low lives and riffraff (and I don't mean the character from Heathcliff, Underdog or Rocky Horror) pretty much loitering around there as... but beside that, the only arcades are in movie theaters, and you have to buy a movie ticket to play them. Correction.. you have to buy a movie ticket to have access to them. The way movie prices cost, they should give you one free game or something in the price.

The only arcade I can even get to is one in Salem, and even then I need A) a ride over there and B) It's only open from mid-spring to Columbus Day. There used to be a pretty good one I didn't frequent (again, low lives and thugs) that got bulldozed last year for more annoying (and unsellable) condos and a possible Ikea... and even then, it's not even scheduled to open for 2 years... and I mean "Scheduled to open" which means it could be even 3 years with foreseeable delays. And that's if they still have funding. Worst part is, there's an abandoned movie theater across the street that hasn't been touched. And an abandoned Circuit City building.... but that just happened earlier this year, so they couldn't have known about it.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ You might spot some racing games in the "lobby" of a restaurant, or one of those those Win-A-Prize things, but that's all I've seen these days :/