The Three Worst Muppet Moments

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Disney's aquizition of the Muppets is the second worst thing to ever happen to them. the absolute worst of course being the death of Jim. :cry:

This is not what Jim wanted people. Jim envisoned a partnership with Disney back when Disney was actually putting out good stuff. Back when it was a Magic Kingdom and not a money-grubbing coorperation. He never wanted Disney to have total control over his creation. If Jim had lived to see what Disney had become then he never would've gone through with it.

Shh... listen. Hear that? That's our beloved Jim rolling over in his grave!

Frogster

Reaction score
1. Elmo (I mean ANYTHING to do with him)
2. The Muppets breaking apart
3. Steve Whitmire as Kermit (don't get me started).

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Frogster said:
1. Elmo (I mean ANYTHING to do with him)
Like I said..... AMEN!!!!!! (ok, im done on my "I hate elmo rant", I have a HUGE collection of SS stuff, and well, I dont want anything with him on it, unless its VERY minor)

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
1. Pepe. Enough said.

2.The Electric Mayhem and my other faves becoming bit players, :mad:

3.Errr, hard to say..

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
1) Elmo unofficially taking over Sesame Street and many Muppet areas. Might as well call it Elmo Street, Starring ELMO... and those other guys too :sing:

2) Ignoring cool characters like Grover, Swedish Chef, and Rowlf, and focusing too much on 'recent' muppets like Pepe (I like him, but I think they use him too much).

3) Death of Jim Henson and what has happened to muppet projects since then.

kitncaboodle

Reaction score
1. Jim Henson's death, no two ways about it.

2. The dumbing-down of Seseme Street. We grew up with the harder stuff, and we're just fine! Um, right?

3. Character turnover: The older characters we know and love being shoved to the back burner in favor of the newer ones. I mean, come on! Rowlf wasn't even in Wizard of Oz! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Rowlf was just there at the end. What was the writer of the movie thinking. And what about Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. How many times are we going to gripe about these problems. The Henson people do come to this site. I wish they would cater to our wishes. :confused: :smirk:

ryan

IndgoMoose

Reaction score
I miss Rowlf

ryhoyarbie said:
I think one of the worst things in the Muppets his the breakup of the 6 core muppets of Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Fozzie, Scooter, and Gonzo. Those guys seemed like a good team. Now Rowlf and Scooter are no longer in the team and have been replaced by Animal who belongs better with the Electric Mayhem, Rizzo, and now Pepe who is getting over used.

ryan
I agree. To think that Pepe has replaced Rowlf... grumble grumble. Rowlf beats Pepe any day. Pepe is trying to be cool, and he fails about 95% of the time.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm not sure who to blame on the whole Pepe thing, the writers, Bill Baretta himself, or both. Pepe should be downgraded to a secondary character like Lew Zealand or the Swedish Chef.

ryan