The State of Us & Our Things

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's rumors floating around that Hubert was actually arrested and incarcerated . . . I'm hoping that's a joke, but it has been about six years since he's last been seen online, and the only thing he said before he left was he needed a break from the negativity on the internet.

Ziffel seems to still pop in once in a blue moon when least expected.

Sarge apparently doesn't like us anymore.

And I'm gonna be honest . . . every now and then, I still wonder whatever became of That Announcer.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
There's rumors floating around that Hubert was actually arrested and incarcerated . . . I'm hoping that's a joke, but it has been about six years since he's last been seen online, and the only thing he said before he left was he needed a break from the negativity on the internet.
Wot's this now?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Karsten and i'm here to say...um, I dunno. I thought I could find a rhyme. I'm not so good at rhyming. Don't judge me!

Um, I was gonna lie and say I was straight, just like i've been lying to myself in private, but, yeah, definitely not straight. Bisexuality's a thing, you guys!
I'm honestly in a point in my life where i'm really confused about what i'm supposed to believe about LGBT issues, due to my Christianity. I'm still a very happy and devout Christian though.

I've lived in Texas since 2006, and before that lived back and forth between North Carolina and Florida during the first six years of my life.

I'm very optimistic, to the point that I sometimes come off as naive. I'm not that naive though, i've just seen first hand how pessimism does nothing but bring a person down.

I think i'm most well known by my relatives for being very quiet and reserved. I'm a very shy person. I often worry that i'm not contributing enough to my group of friends because i'm so quiet and too afraid to share what's on my mind.

I can play an instrument! Haha, no I can't, but if I could, that would be sweet.

I'm an artist like @jvcarroll and a few others. I mostly draw Muppet stuff. I also like writing.

I'm a big fan of The Beatles due to my sister getting into them years ago. She seems to have grown passed them. Me, not so much.

Thanks for sharing. This is what I'm talking about. I can relate to some things here. I had challenges in school, particularly in mathematics. I once had a teacher tell me that those who are bad at math aren't good in life. I liked her a lot up until that point, but that just broke my heart. We must be very careful what we tell kids. I didn't have any diagnosed learning disability, but something was at play. I'd come in before school, in free periods between classes, after school and work my butt off at home, but none of it helped that much. We all have talents and deficits. Those are what make us unique. They don't make us bad at all. I learned that not every adult or person, no matter how cool they are, has the answers about life. We all mess up and that doesn't make us bad people. I wasn't bad for being poor at math and that teacher wasn't bad for making the mistake of labeling me so. We all have our challenges. It's how we move forward that matters.
UGH, yes! It always seemed like, no matter how many hours I put in, I just never grasped any of it.
I'm also learning-disabled (sometimes can be a little dyslexic and at times, a slow learner. Depending on how words are thrown at me).
Yeah, same. It's sometimes embarrassing because people will ask me to do simple tasks, but I hardly get what they're saying, no matter how closely I try to listen, and no matter how many times they repeat themselves.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So..... if Jamie were a Sesame Street Anything Muppet, what kind would he be?

Green? Purple? Lavender? Pumpkin? Orange Gold? It's a mystery.... :search:
I made one of those Whatnots years ago from FAO and created my alter ego. Instead of smiling, he frowns. But the rest is me. I call him Toady the Roadie because I think of him as a little green fella that follows the Mayhem around. Here's the guy.

I almost made my logo guy green, but my best friend advised me against it. I think that's the right choice. Green is a color people have different reactions to. I like to study human nature so that I can best communicate, like we've established. I remember making up business cards for me and my boss when I managed Action Figure Freddy's years ago. I made his the signature blue color and I made mine the same green as the walls. Instinctively people chose his over mine without even reading the information. It's like mine were radioactive. It was weird. Since then, my signature color for all things is red. Our store was in Chinatown at the time and we were encouraged to paint our door and our gate red for luck. It's been my color ever since. :wink:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Um, I was gonna lie and say I was straight, just like i've been lying to myself in private, but, yeah, definitely not straight. Bisexuality's a thing, you guys!
I'm honestly in a point in my life where i'm really confused about what i'm supposed to believe about LGBT issues, due to my Christianity. I'm still a very happy and devout Christian though.
I like to think that if there is a God, he wouldn't judge the people he created in his own image simply because they have different attractions than the norm.