The Song is Familiar...

MLR930

Reaction score
That reminds me... has Tiffany ever sung an original song, rather than doing covers of previous songs, and slightly changing the lyrics to where there'd be from a female perspective, instead of a male perspective?

yes she has, as a Tiffany fan I can honestly say that, I'm an 80's baby :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Here are some obscure ones:

Weird Al Yankovic's Christmas at Ground Zero clearly has Yorgi Yorgensson's I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas in its ancestry.

And for gamers, DDR Supernova 2 has a song called Paranoia Hades. You can find big chunks of the background music for Map 1 of Doom II floating around in it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Weird Al Yankovic's Christmas at Ground Zero clearly has Yorgi Yorgensson's I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas in its ancestry.
I did hear both of them, two of my favorite Christmas songs, by the way. There's clearly a nod to that old song in there... after all, Weird Al is a comedy musician just like Yorgi Yorgensson (a pen name for someone I just can't remember), and it is a nice little homage to that one.

There are a lot of songs that Weird Al did that are homages, not parodies. Dare to be Stupid is an homage to Devo, even going as far as the music video. Velvet Elvis has shades of The Police in it.

Yorick

Reaction score
Cover. It was originally recorded in the 60s by Tommy James and The Shondells, who also did songs like "Mony Mony" (also later covered by another 80s group)
Yes, I think the Billy Idol version is one of the most "true-to-the-original" covers of all time. One could argue that songs should be changed up a bit, or don't bother covering...but I can see both sides of that discussion. It is great to change a song while still respecting the original such as Tom Waits doing Sea Of Love.
Original by Phil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EroRtEUmZcU
Cover by Tom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVJAW-ag7fs
I love both of those! The third option, I don't agree with - I'm not too into the "being ironic" cover style, overall. If you don't like a band, don't bother rmentioning or covering them.

However, certain songs ya just wanna sing because they're great, but you don't want to change them because they're perfect!

Sorry to go off topic:embarrassed: