The Skeeter Project

bigwilly2000

Reaction score
Before anyone asks no this isnt a Skeeter replica, lol. I have based this puppet on my grand daughter's "Cuddly Monster" halloween costume a couple of years ago. I also used Paul Louis' videos as a reference since I was using the Roly pattern from Project Puppet. So without further ado here is the build process:

A pic of my Grand daughter's costume.

The sketch.

Foam pattern traced and cut.

Fabric pattern cut.

Fur sewn and foam glued.

Constructing the mouth plate.

Arms sewn.

A test to see how he looks.

Arms & legs sewn and trimmed.

Test fitting the Mouth plate.

Making the inner liner.

The fur I used came from a bath mat bought at Walmart and it was pretty stiff fabric. So I made some bendy legs from hanger wire.

Mouth plate completed and added to the skull as per the video.

Doll joints used for the arms and legs.

Tongue and throat added to mouth plate and glued in.

Arms and Legs attached.

The horns. The material was from a second hand boys shirt, lol.

Inner liner sewed in.

bigwilly2000

Reaction score
Preparing my own special product tags. Has my "company name" BigWilly's Puppets & Creations on one side and the puppet's name on the other.

Body Sleeve sewn on.

Making arm rods. Wanted to make these as child safe as I could since it was going to Colby.

Fitting facial features.

Making the teeth out of make-up sponges.

Eyes are foam balls painted white and added eye lids.

Teeth glued in.

Eyes glued on.

All facial features added. I used a feather boa for the eye brows and felt stickers for the pupils.

A pic with my Whatnot BigWilly.

Skeeter likes Jeeps just like Colby and Bampy, lol.

And thats the end of the build. I had a bit of trouble and had to learn how to use a sewing machine but I learned a lot since it was my first kick at the cat. Stay tuned for more builds featuring DinkyDoo, Dolly Doo Doo, The Little Critter and Cutie Pie the Prairie Dog. Just have to post them now that they're completed.

VonCount

Reaction score
I'm impressed, especially because you said you had to learn how to use a sewing machine to make this. Great work!