The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oooo, have you guys seen this article?

http://books.google.com/books?id=wR...EwCg#v=onepage&q=richard hunt muppets&f=false

"The audition took place with Richard Hunt (he works the character 'Scooter') and a room full of puppets. After looking over Martin's resume, Hunt asked him to choose a puppet and put it on. Then Hunt proceeded to interview the puppet, not Martin. After a minute, he turned to the Cincinnati performer and said, 'You've got it. Thank God you're a real live puppeteer, not an actor!'"
Lol :wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i have come back!!! i get so many emails and so little time these days i ignore my mail. but i've been thinking about checking in for a while, and finally did :wink: sorry to hear you were in Vancouver during the riots Muppet Newsgirl, the only thing we Canadians take seriously is our hockey. [honestly i don't think we take anything else seriously, it's just one big joke, ourselves included] these new changes to the site are neat... nothing too new on my end, the post office strike is over so i can get back to mailing out my stories to publishing houses. oh, and i'm going away on vacation in two weeks. just back home to Quebec to visit with family, but still, nice relaxing time on the farm... except chopping wood... and cutting grass, weeding the garden, cleaning, cooking :boo: oh well, the beach is nice :flirt:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
It's okay, Nekoshema - riots aside, we had a really swell time. Vancouver's a nice city, the people are friendly, and British Columbia's got tons of gorgeous scenery. We were safely back at our hotel, eating ice cream and watching "Hockey Night in Canada" before the game ended - and needless to say, we didn't go anywhere else that night. Around 10 p.m., the front desk phoned up to our room to let us know they had security details checking the hotel, and that the place was fine.

But I think it's really sweet how the whole city banded together to help clean up the riot damage - I have lots of pictures of all the messages on the plywood at Hudson's Bay Company, and the Kindness Flag Project as well (we made a few flags for it). And at some of the other stores that got hit, they had these easels set up with giant pads of paper and markers, so people could write messages there too.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
well i'm glad everything turned out ok. that's Canadians for you, we get upset over a hockey game, riot, them pick up after ourselves. kind of like a 5 year old come to think of it :wink:

just got back from vacation and things are rather hecktick for me right now at work, the only other dishwasher quit so i was demoted and am washing dishes 6 days a week for 12 hours a day, so i'm job hunting right now, as well as trying to find a publishing house to hopefully get my stories published. so far no one will do it unless i get published in a literary magazine. kinda redundant when you think of it, i can't get published until i'm published? your face! lol

i'm working on Richards birthday, so i think i'll have a glass of orange juice and show up late :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
"Come for the hockey, stay for the riots." When we landed in Vancouver, the customs officer who stamped our passports commented that there were going to be 125,000 people in the city for the game - I think he said that mostly to see the look of abject terror on our faces.

I have to work on Richard's birthday as well - however, there is a do going on in New York that evening in his honor. Jessica Max Stein is giving a talk on Richard's life, as a preview for the bio she's doing of him. I'm really hoping to go - 'course, it all depends on how early I can get off work and catch a train into the city. And NJ Transit's on-time record being what it is these days...oh, well, we'll see.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
:cry: don't remind me, Max invited me to that too, and i doubt Toronto transit would get me there in time... then again being late to Richard's 60's birthday bash would be pretty spot on.

well, for once i'm first [unless someone posts while i'm typing] to raise a glass of OJ and wish Richard a happy [would be] 60th Birthday! :wink::flirt:

i'm almost certain i've posted this here before, but still
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hrih0yyngE&list=PL201C22E7D1C151DF&index=45

as well, from something funny, i'll go with a fitting song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6Hsl8g2JQ

now, i do believe my sentimentality will get a 'Your Face' from Richard, so, Happy Birthday to an amazing person who left too soon

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Happy Birthday to the lovely, and talented Richard Hunt! Thanks for all the joy, you have brought me over the past couple of years! :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Happy birthday to our pal Richie.

Yes, I managed to get to the bookstore fete tonight. It was lots of fun, with a good turnout. Max gave a nice long talk about Richard's life and work, with lots of Muppet clips thrown in, and there was a Q&A session at the end. Jane Hunt was there, as was Brian Meehl - in fact, he was the one who accompanied Jane in that night. Got to talk to Jane for a bit afterwards - she's such a sweet lady.

At the end, Max and some of the others had plans to go out to dinner. I was invited to come with, but I had to get back up to Penn Station so I could catch my train back to New Jersey, so I had to politely decline. Maybe next time, though...but I did manage to stop in a grocery store on my way to the subway and grab a bottle of orange juice to toast Richard with.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Aw you are lucky you got to talk to Jane. She seems very nice! I wish I could go to events like that, but I live far away. :sigh: Not really an orange juice drinker, but I managed to have a glass today in honor of Richard.