The RHLC!

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Nice to meet you guys! :smile:Last year, I watched the documentary, The World of Jim Henson, on youtube and I fell in love with the Muppets and all things well... Jim Henson. I watched The Muppet Movie, and I immediately took a liking to Janice and Scooter. I wanted to learn more about who actually puppeteered/voiced them. I looked up Richard Hunt and the rest is history :wink: I love all of Richard's characters from Forgetful Jones to Junior Gorg. He was a brilliant performer and just a wonderful person. I also think he has one of the best singing voices I have ever heard. Richard is my favorite muppeteer. Haha I am such a geek when it comes to the Muppets, haha whether it is looking up videos, buying books, or listening to podcasts. I am so happy I found this thread! It took me awhile to post because I wanted to read through all of the other posts. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool, Fersureitsjess! I grew up watching Henson's Place, I think it started my love of documentaries in general, hehe. Were you surprised that Scooter and Janice were performed by the same person?

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I haven't seen Henson's Place yet, but I really want to. Does it have any footage of Richard performing? I think I will rent it. When I found out that Scooter and Janice were performed by the same person, I was surprised. At first they sounded very different from each other, but now I think they sound similar.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I haven't seen Henson's Place yet, but I really want to. Does it have any footage of Richard performing? I think I will rent it.
There is one quick scene where you can see Richard and the others filming a scene for Fraggle Rock. I believe thats it, but overall I'd definitely recommend Henson's Place, a lot of great interviews and takes you back to a real high point in the Muppets history. :smile:

Have you seen Of Muppets and Men? Sorry to keep asking questions, lol.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Oh it's fine :wink: and yes I have seen Of Muppets and Men. It is such a good documentary. I loved how they introduced all of the performers/cast and how it showed Steve, Dave, Louise, and Jerry recording the gurgling/fish noises haha. I really want the actual book Of Muppets and Men. I am currently saving up for it, and the cheapest one I found online was $49!:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah it's a pretty rare book now, very expensive, lol. I haven't bought it yet but I was able to borrow it a couple of times when I interned at The Museum of TV & Radio. A lot of really good photos and anecdotes about Richard. Good luck saving up! :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
hi, welcome to the RHLC, Of Muppets and Men is a good book, still can't believe i found it so cheap. since you read through i won't post the puppetman clip again, unless you want me to. but i did find they reposted some of the clips from Jim's memorial, here's the songs, and it's not cut into two parts :flirt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSE1Mtnnm4Y also, fletchy found this and posted it on his facebook, but since he took my link i'm taking his [your face stephen :wink:] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9xqZ-mZRc&feature=player_embedded

lol so yea, haven't been checking my email much these days so i didn't realize people posted, sorry. well i'm moving out on monday, so many boxes, luckily the place i'm in now i have until the 15 so i can take my time. also, anyone watching the royal wedding? everyone i ask isn't... then again they're guys lol, i guess it's not their cup of tea :wink:

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
hi, welcome to the RHLC, Of Muppets and Men is a good book, still can't believe i found it so cheap. since you read through i won't post the puppetman clip again, unless you want me to. but i did find they reposted some of the clips from Jim's memorial, here's the songs, and it's not cut into two parts :flirt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSE1Mtnnm4Y also, fletchy found this and posted it on his facebook, but since he took my link i'm taking his [your face stephen :wink:] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU9xqZ-mZRc&feature=player_embedded

lol so yea, haven't been checking my email much these days so i didn't realize people posted, sorry. well i'm moving out on monday, so many boxes, luckily the place i'm in now i have until the 15 so i can take my time. also, anyone watching the royal wedding? everyone i ask isn't... then again they're guys lol, i guess it's not their cup of tea :wink:
Oh my God I have never seen that clip from Jim Henson's memorial! I have only heard the audio. I plan to watch the royal wedding, but I'm probably going to record it since it is on so early.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sorry, probably will be missing the royal wedding, hehe. :wink:

Thanks so much for sharing that clip of Richard from Fraggle Rock! I never thought I'd get to see Richard doing the entire segment (with no clips being intercut over his talk like in the other documentary).

It's cute how he was embarrassed at the end, but really it's incredible that he was able to just stand there and start talking at the camera, without a character, just being himself. Most people, including actors, are simply not able to do that. :smile:

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Sorry, probably will be missing the royal wedding, hehe. :wink:

Thanks so much for sharing that clip of Richard from Fraggle Rock! I never thought I'd get to see Richard doing the entire segment (with no clips being intercut over his talk like in the other documentary).

It's cute how he was embarrassed at the end, but really it's incredible that he was able to just stand there and start talking at the camera, without a character, just being himself. Most people, including actors, are simply not able to do that. :smile:
Aww his Junior Gorg voice was so cute! :coy: