The RHLC!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hello RHLCers... is that even a word, anways Hello it is I dwayne1115,and i bring news from the MC forums awards!

This year we have opend the voteing up to any and all threads and members, and seeing as this is one of the longest running, and biggest threads on the forum I felt that you all should know so you can cast a vote for this wonderful thread! So if you would like to vote you can either check out the awards thread in the Family&Friends section or you can just PM your votes to me!

So please vote, if we do not get more votes we will not have an awards show this year! so please cast your vote for this wonderful thread! thanks and have a great day.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People who were here in the early days of the thread might remember our discussion about Kermit and Scooter's appearance at the 1986 Academy Awards. Just wanted to let you guys know that the clip has just been posted on the Classic Muppets thread here. Enjoy! :smile: :wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
that award thing sounds neat. hey i'm back once again, and once again my email stopped telling me when there were new posts. at least i checked in earlier this time :wink:

just to back it up a little, my favourite Richard sketch is The Jabberwocky sketch [well, hence my signature] i think Statler and Waldorf heckling Milton Berle is a close second... then the Oklahoma sketch from SS

well about a month ago i lost my MP3 player [along with 1000 songs and a bunch of photos] i'm still hoping i lost it in the house and it didn't drop out of my pocket on the bus. so i'm slowly compiling my music list again, in my musical folder i've got 5 song, four muppet songs :sing: [simon smith, six-string, how wide how far how long, and i don't want to live on the moon] i still have a lot to go but those are musts for me... that and i can't find 'Just a Dream Away' on my computer.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
People who were here in the early days of the thread might remember our discussion about Kermit and Scooter's appearance at the 1986 Academy Awards. Just wanted to let you guys know that the clip has just been posted on the Classic Muppets thread here. Enjoy! :smile: :wink:
I noticed that - the video's a little slow to render but I've seen the first little bit. Most super, fab and groovy - I've been wondering where and how a fan can get to see that clip.

Ouch - sorry to hear about you losing your MP3 player, Nekoshema. It must really bite, having to re-compile all those songs and everything. I know I'd be pretty steamed if I were in your shoes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just A Dream Away? Can send you that one Nekoshema, just need your email address. And LMK if you're searching for anything else from Muppet sources I may have or post in the Lots of MUP3's thread. :busy:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
wow, thanks count :big_grin: mup3 threat? i'll go look for that first though [kinda don't pass out my email willy nilly, though i know you're fine :wink:] well i wasn't too steamed what happened was i hadn't seen my boyfriend in almost a year and he was on the bus, plus i was having a party that night and my friend spilled her drink on my jeans so i had to change, so i didn't notice until the next day. i've HAVE, however, been tearing the house apart ever since [it hasn't been this organized in years, and i've found other things that i thought were lost to time, sadly no mp3 player] this new one i picked up though i hate, [i bought it cuz i'd go insane without music] and they either had this 30$ mp3 video player, or this 90$ mp3 player with headphones, well i chose cheap and it's driving me mental. when i get the money together i'll head back to the store i got my original one from and buy that model again and use this one for it's intended purpose of videos but as it stands, it's works so i'm happy.

oh! i was in this store the other day and they had a bunch of muppet/sesame street stuff, they had a kermit and an animal touque [wool hat] a kermit, miss piggy, animal, oscar, cookie monster, and gonzo shirts, but my favourite was they had stuffed animal backpacks of grover, cookie monster and oscar in his trash can. they also had a lot of cheshire cat stuff so i bought a lot of that, but i'll be going back later, might get that grover backpack :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Nekoshima... If you prefer you can contact me privately so I can then send you the song. The MUP3's thread is stuck at the top of the B/S/T section so it's not that hard to find. Don't have an MP3 player, I kinda thought of getting one, but I'm not sure since I would only be able to upload and listen to songs in the order I uploaded them... If there were MP3 players for us visually challenged folks...

Congrats on the Muppet/SST finds and hope you get a Cheshire plush, he'd go great with your sig.

*Hums...
Twas brillig.
And the slithy toves did gire and gimble on the wabe.

Yeah, I'm an Alice fan as well as an HP fan too. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Uses the Rita Moreno intro from The Electric Company: HEEEEY YOOOOOUUUU GUUUUUUYS! ! !

The 2011 Muppet Madness Tournament's started and already there are some good match-ups... And some that need the intense campaigning of the RHLC.
The confrontations that matter to us are in Quadrant 4, The Humanoids. We've got Statler and Waldorf vs. Roosevelt Franklin, Floyd vs. Scooter, and Janice vs. Guy Smiley.

Though I'd normally vote for Floyd as he's a Jerry Nelson character, I'm always going to choose Scooter first.
And though Janice's limbs pop off far too easily and she can't hold her guitar too well (figure issues), I'm still picking her over the Wink Martindale wannabe.

So come out and vote en mass for your favorites, and make sure the RHLC voice gets heard loud and clear!
*Would create some clever one-line campaign quotes, but I don't have any fancy art to go with it, and I don't rully know how to put it up as a Facebook button either. *Sigh, visual impairedness + technical unsavvyness. At least I'm promoting it through this outlet, that's good enough for me. Speaking of which...
Vote for Alistair Cookie, he always got good show.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Let the games begin - and I can see that there's going to be a real racket on the bracket. And I guess I know who I'm pulling for in the Floyd v. Scooter matchup. :wink:

I've been a tad awol from the forums of late - life and all that getting in the way. And not to turn the conversation into a downer, but it's terrible what's been going on in Japan. :cry:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
k, Floyd vs. Scooter is just evil imo anyway, but i choose Scooter of course [just remembered, i had this dream last night where i found a Scooter and a Gonzo plushie] there's a couple that are easy for me to vote, other's that are tough [Dr. Bob vs Alistair Cookie] and one i just refuse to choose [Sweetums vs. Snuffie i love them both equally i can't choose the universe will end :eek:] this year is shaping up good, since Scooters there :wink:

yea, it is terrible in japan right now, i have quite a few friends there [my skool had this japanese exchange program so over the years i've gained many japanese friends] plus a friend of mine is over there learning right now. luckily i've gotten in contact with all but one. she left this phone update on her fb page about her being in a bank with people freaking out during the earthquake and we haven't heard from her since. another friend of ours [over here] has gotten ahold of all our friends so i'm hoping she was one of them.