The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, Jerry should be a snap, since of all the male performers he was the most musical - apart from Richard, of course.

Let's see, Dave...well, there's "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" and "The Wishing Song" for Gonzo, of course. There's quite a few on Fraggle Rock - "Follow Me," "Goin' Down the Road -" any song with Boober or Traveling Matt on it.

Steve...look for songs with Rizzo or Lips on them for TMS, and any song with Wembley for Fraggle Rock. You've also got the Muppet movies from MCC onward - where Steve takes over as Kermit.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure you've heard that Lynn Redgrave (aka Maid Marian in season three of TMS) died today. There's another thread here in Henson People, and it's got a link to her obit on the Washington Post's site. The obit includes a clip of her appearance on TMS, and the clip does include Scooter.

Still, a sad day...I wonder if her niece Natasha, and Jim and Richard and other members of the Muppet crew, were on hand to welcome her as she came through the Pearly Gates.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Yeah I heard. Such sad news. I haven't really seen a lot of her work, only her Muppet Show episode which I really enjoyed her in. Definitely one of my favourite guests :smile:

As you say, maybe she did get a good welcome by Jim, Richard and other people who knew her who are also there. I like to think Richard welcomed her by getting her with a squirt gun :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I don't really pay that much attention to celebrities themselves as opposed to their movies, music, etc., but that was one of the greatest episodes of TMS in my opinion. She will be very much missed.

On a lighter note, I got a pen pal from Closter, NJ...more or less. (And my mom knows why I chose New Jersey, but she didn't seem to recognize the city name...:wink:) We pretty much are doing a letter writing project for English class, and these letters will be sent to a city of our choice, where it will "supposedly" be given to another student in the same grade level from a school in that city, but there's no guarantee that the letter will get a response.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Way cool, Gelfling Girl! When I was in elementary school, my class did a pen pal project with a class at another school. Didn't last long, though.

Good call, Fletchy - but if Richard zapped somebody with a water pistol, I imagine that Jim and the others would be more than happy to drench him with the garden hose - happened at least once on the FR set.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Good call, Fletchy - but if Richard zapped somebody with a water pistol, I imagine that Jim and the others would be more than happy to drench him with the garden hose - happened at least once on the FR set.
LOL I love those kinds of Richard stories!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
When I was in elementary school, my class did a pen pal project with a class at another school. Didn't last long, though.
Cool. For us, we just sent the letters in a week or two ago, and it's almost summer vacation, so we probably won't be getting responses, if any, until August or September.

but if Richard zapped somebody with a water pistol, I imagine that Jim and the others would be more than happy to drench him with the garden hose - happened at least once on the FR set.
There wouldn't happen to be any pictures and/or video of this, would there? LOL.

*instantly wonders what would happen if I were to get a Super Soaker in school* Of course, I'd only do that to two of my closest friends, Britt and Erin, who would forgive me more easily than most other classmates. Of course that might *fake British accent for Harry Potter reference* "Have gotten us killed. Or worse, expelled."

analeisa

Reaction score
On a lighter note, I got a pen pal from Closter, NJ...more or less. (And my mom knows why I chose New Jersey, but she didn't seem to recognize the city name...:wink:) We pretty much are doing a letter writing project for English class, and these letters will be sent to a city of our choice, where it will "supposedly" be given to another student in the same grade level from a school in that city, but there's no guarantee that the letter will get a response.
Oh, that's still pretty cool. Props for picking a pen pal almost from Closter, NJ. Back in my middle school, I got a pen pal from another part of my state. We didn't have much, if anything, in common though. :stick_out_tongue:

I second the call for video of this. But seriously, I do picture Jim, Richard, Jerry Juhl, and others who have passed on hanging around together in heaven sometimes. It can be a comforting thought.

Speaking of which, today is the 20th anniversary of Jim's passing. :frown: I still miss him. Tough Pigs did a lovely art tribute and one piece has Richard in it: http://www.toughpigs.com/remembering-jim/

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Cool stuff, way cool stuff! "Yeah, you can barely tell them apart!"

I agree; it's really nice to picture Jim and the gang together in heaven - sometimes, around here, we visualize them sitting on clouds, watching what's going on down here with the Muppets, swapping jokes, discussing life, that sort of thing.

It's really hard to believe that it's already been 20 years since Jim died. On one hand, it feels like a long time, but on the other hand, it feels like it was only yesterday.

Rest in peace Jim, you and Richard and Jerry Juhl and Don and all the other Muppet people up there now.