The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What if Jerry Nelson, Karen Prell, Mike Quinn, and David Rudman looped dialogue for Mopatop's customers in every episode of "Mopatop's Shop"?
What if John Lovelady performed Scooter and Gonzo?
What if Jerry Nelson performed Nigel the Conductor and Brewster?
What if Eren Ozker performed Mildred?
What if Frank Oz performed Droop?
What if Richard Hunt performed Gloat?
What if Jim Henson performed Gorgon Heap, Behemoth, and Luncheon Counter Monster?
What if Dave Goelz performed the Snake Frackle, Scoff, Gloat, and Beautiful Day Monster?
What if John Lovelady performed Boppity and Miss Kitty?
What if Frank Oz performed Miss Kitty and Flower-Eating Monster?
What if Jane Henson performed on any other Muppet Show episode besides the Joel Grey one?
What if Sharon Baird did puppeteering stints on "The Muppet Show" from the Lena Horne episode to the Candice Bergen episode?
What if Kevin Clash (who would later join the Muppets in the mid-1980s) voiced the lead Ragmop instead of Peter Friedman in the Lena Horne episode?
What if Pat Buttram voiced Paul instead of Peter Friedman in the Bruce Forsyth episode?
What if Carl Banas voiced the Crocodile instead of Peter Friedman in the Sandy Duncan episode?
What if Mel Blanc voiced Andre the Artist instead of Peter Friedman in the Candice Bergen episode?
What if Eren Ozker and Fran Brill perform in "The Muppets' Valentine Show"?
What if Marilyn Sokol performed the voices, but not the puppets, in Season 2 of "The Muppet Show"?
What if David Rudman and Joey Mazzarino perform in "Muppets Tonight".
What if Herry Monster (with a furry nose) appeared in "The Great Santa Claus Switch"?
What if Lips was still around?

Blind Peeeeew

Reaction score
What if Sesame Street had only 26 episodes per season?

And what if they were all being released on dvd?

What if The Muppet Show had gotten ratings like Muppets Tonight?

Or, better yet, what if Muppets Tonight had gotten ratings like The Muppet show?

What if Sesame Street had been more story driven and less segment/education driven.

What if Pepe had stuck with Seymour and not gone so Hollywood?

What if I was not the only Muppet fan to love Andy and Randy Pig?

What if the Count Von Count had been more frightening? Especially if they had kept his maniacal laughter that I loved so much.

What if Oscar the Grouch actually made kids cry on a regular basis, teaching them how to deal with criticism and cruelty?

What if in keeping with the "realistic actor" personas of the Muppets, they aged, and Statler, Waldorf, and Rowlf were all "dead"?

What if everything Muppets ever were directly owned by the family and were all being released on dvd?

What if every episode of Sesame Street was eventually released on blu-ray?

What if every Muppet fan loved Muppets Tonight as much as I did?

What if The Muppet Show ran for 37 seasons?

What if every other Muppet fan despised the new millennium Muppets material as much as I did?

What if all Muppets material had retired in 1999 with dignity after the masterpiece of Muppets From Space?

What if Jerry Nelson performed Statler since the beginning?

What if Muppet shows and movies never broke the 4th wall when they were in "real-time", as in backstage or screening films?

What if the Muppets had been treated fully like actors, and never shown to the public as being "fake".

What if Muppets Tonight had lasted 5 seasons?
I tell you... we would ALL have been better off, and I am sticking by that. It certainly beats Oz and the Christmas Theater folks, no matter how many lines Rowlf has.

Good Lord I forgot the most important one!

What if the Palisades toy line had continued through 14 series, along with Sesame Street's 2, and we had gotten the Muppet Stage and balcony, 2 sets of SS, Mahna Mahna, Clueless Morgan, Bellhop Seymour and Pepe, Bill the Bubble Guy, Bert and Ernie, and everyone man woman and child on Earth could laugh with joy that they completed the greatest and most complete toyline ever devised...

Or...

What if another quality toy company used their outline for the last 4 series (still ripe with re-hashes of marketable characters) and made a compatible complimentary series... It's not too late people...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What if Sesame Street had only 26 episodes per season?
There are currently 26 episodes per season. Or did you mean "What if Sesame Street always had 26 epsidoes per season?"

Blind Peeeeew said:
What if Jerry Nelson performed Statler since the beginning?
He did. Nelson performed Statler in his first appearance, The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence (which, in case you don't know, is included in The Muppet Show's first season boxed set). Richard Hunt took over when The Muppet Show began.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
What if The Muppets personalities were all mixed up? Like Gonzo was like Fozzie and Kermit was like Gonzo!
Of course something like that did happen. Remember the "Pigs in Space" sketch on the Harry Belafonte episode? We had Link/Piggy, Strangepork/Janice, Kermit/Swedish Chef. (Actually it seems :smile: was the only one who got back to being himself at the end of that episode.) Anyway, I see what you mean though. It would be great to see something like that with more Muppet characters.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
There are currently 26 episodes per season. Or did you mean "What if Sesame Street always had 26 epsidoes per season?"

He did. Nelson performed Statler in his first appearance, The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence (which, in case you don't know, is included in The Muppet Show's first season boxed set). Richard Hunt took over when The Muppet Show began.
I think he's referring to the beginning of "The Muppet Show." If Richard hadn't taken over the role. Just my opinion on that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What if the finale of The Muppets Celebrate Jim henson included characters from The Dark Crystal, Labrynth, and The StoryTeller?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What if the pitch tape for "The Jim Henson Hour" included the following characters from "Sesame Street", "The Muppet Show", "Fraggle Rock", "The Dark Crystal", "Labyrinth", and "The Storyteller"?:

Two Chickens
A Penguin
Two Lobsters
Dark Green Hunchback Frackle
Green Boppity
Miss Kitty
Fish Fazoob
Shaky Sanchez
Ohboy Bird
A Wolf
A Bear
Murray Minstrel
An Inkspot
The Poison Cackler
Begoony
Two Rumblebugs
A Pig (from Sesame Street)
A Shark (from Sesame Street)
A Frog (from Sesame Street)
A Cat (from Sesame Street)
A Dragon (from Sesame Street)
Buster the Horse
Natalie the Cow
Watson the Dog
Shelly the Turtle
A Nebrie
Fizzgig
A Garthim
Three Environmental Creatures (from The Dark Crystal)
Ambrosious
Eye Lichen
One of the Fireys
A Hare (from The Storyteller)
A Fish (from The Storyteller)
A Squirrel (from The Storyteller)
A Badger (from The Storyteller)
The Pond Sprite (from The Storyteller)

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What if the finale of "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" included characters from "Little Muppet Monsters", "Puppetman", "The Ghost of Faffner Hall", and "Mother Goose Stories"?

Blind Peeeeew

Reaction score
I think he's referring to the beginning of "The Muppet Show." If Richard hadn't taken over the role. Just my opinion on that.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

What if Wayne and Wanda had stayed on Muppets Tonight?

What if Pigs in Space had been made into a spin-off series?

What if Robin had aged and became the host for Muppets Tonight?

What if Bunsen Honeydew accidentally killed Beaker?

What if we seriously thought about all the deaths on the Muppet Show due to explosions, decapitations and being devoured? If I wasn’t so busy laughing it would be unsettling.

What if most of the pirates in MTI had been given roles in Muppets Tonight and Muppets From Space (besides Clueless Morgan and Bad Polly who were in the UK skits)?

What if characters like Hilda and Mildred had become popular and remained, while characters like Dr. Teeth and Gonzo had been dropped?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What if Rowlf, Scooter, the Swedish Chef, Sam Eagle, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Zoot, the Newsman, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Johnny Fiama and Sal, Andy and Randy Pig, Clueless Morgan, Bad Polly, Mad Monty, and various Whatnots, Koozebanians, Frackles, monsters, "Fraggle Rock" creatures, cows, chickens, birds, and "Animal Show" animals appeared in more Muppetism and Name that Flick spots on Odyssey Channel?
What if Beautiful Day Monster, Lenny the Lizard, Behemoth, Shaky Sanchez, the Koozebanian Phoob, the Three-Legged Screaming Creature, the Male and Female Koozebanians, the Four Fazoobs, Purple Lothar, Beakie, Chopped Liver, Silver Beak, Shark Drummer, and Dog Lion appeared as captive monsters in "The Great Muppet Caper" during "Hey, A Movie"?
What if Elderly Frackle, Beautiful Day Monster, Flower-Eating Monster, Miss Kitty, Gloat, Behemoth, Silver Beak, Shark Drummer, the Fish Fazoob, the Jabberwock, and two Heaps appeared before Lily's horror movie intro in "The Muppets Go To The Movies", in addition to Boppity, Luncheon Counter Monster, Dark Green Hunchback Frackle, Green Boppity, Green Hunchback Frackle, and three Devils?
What if Beautiful Day Monster, Droop, Green Boppity, Pink Boppity, Behemoth, Big Mama, the pink monster who sang "Your Feet's Too Big", the Four Fazoobs, the Three-Legged Screaming Creature, the Male and Female Koozebanians, the Flute-Snatcher, Blustering Bellowpane Monster, Brool Minstrel, Murray Minstrel, Begoony, Wander McMooch, Mudwell Mudbunny, Beastie, Aretha, Inkspots, the Last of the Lily Creatures, Gertha Dragon, and a pink girl monster who sang "You Do Something To Me" appeared in four "Better World Society" ads.
What if Thog was one of the monsters who sang "Hooray For Hollywood" in "The Muppets Go Hollywood"?
What if characters from "The Christmas Toy" and "The Tale of the Bunny Picnic" appeared in the finale of "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson"?