1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The Random Fun Facts Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gelfling Girl, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Well-Known Member

There was snow on the ground in 49 states last Friday, however, it is possible to snow in some parts of Hawaii.

2. unclematt

unclematt Well-Known Member

I am going to be the 20th poster ever to hit 7,000 posts. Maybe that is not so useless.

3. Gelfling Girl

George Washington Carver did NOT invent peanut butter, contrary to popular belief, however, he did invent the first peanut butter cookie recipe. :insatiable::insatiable::insatiable:

4. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Most of the pies used in Three Stooges shorts were shaving cream with ketchup(!) used for "color".

5. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Well-Known Member

Chuck E. Cheese's was founded by the one and only Nolan Bushnell in 1977 and Chuck E. himself was 'transformed' into a mouse (He was originally a cigar-smoking Bronx rat) in 1995 when the showtapes (the tapes for the animatronic shows) were being produced by Disney, what were considered by CEC fans as 'garbage'!

"Down in Fraggle Rock. (Dunt!)"- (Last part of Fraggle Rock theme.)

6. unclematt

I went to a Chuck E. Cheese way before 1995. My cousin accidentally pulled his tail off.

7. Kiki

Kiki Well-Known Member

Pink Floyd used some of the proceeds from the album Dark Side of the Moon to help fund the making of the movie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Just another reason to love The Floyd. :p :D

8. unclematt

The person that Babe Ruth replaced in right field for the Yankees was George Halas. George Halas was the original owner of the Chicago Bears.

9. ErnieBertGonzo

ErnieBertGonzo Well-Known Member

Of course! Who doesn't love the Floyd?

I'm waiting to get the SACD version of DSOTM.

10. ErnieBertGonzo

ErnieBertGonzo Well-Known Member

Innovative singer/songwriter/guitarist Gram Parsons's birth name was Cecil Ingram Connor III.

11. unclematt

Kate Winslet wasn't on the real Titanic.

12. Gelfling Girl

The sounds from a blender are loud enough to cause hearing damage.

13. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

LOL! Probably my fave fun fact so far!

...But of course if you watched the movie you know that still didn't keep her from having all hands on deck.

14. Gelfling Girl

The Latin American version of the movie Fern Gully set a record for the most voices done by a single person in a film. (32, if anybody's wondering.)

15. unclematt

Most Deloreans can not time travel.

16. Gelfling Girl

Adam Lambert is naturally a redhead. *attempts to clean drool off keyboard*

17. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Well-Known Member

Albert Einstein's Birthday and the celebration of the Pi symbol(Pi Day) are on the same day, March 14.

18. muppzd

muppzd Well-Known Member

that's cool my friends birthday is March 14 wait a minute that's probably why he chose Einstein for his biography book report (I chose Jim Henson and finished the book in 2 days he had an interesting life)

19. Gelfling Girl

I share a birthday with Caroll Spinney. :wisdom: :grouchy:

20. muppzd

muppzd Well-Known Member