The Pee Wee Herman Show!

SJohnson

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Swazzle has created 19 puppets for the Pee Wee Herman Show opening tomorrow at Club Nokia in Downtown L.A. We also provided all of the puppeteers, and I am serving as puppet coordinator. We've recreated many of the show's classic puppet characters - plus a few new faces. I hope you all will come out and see the show - it runs for four weeks.

Click here for more info: http://www.peewee.com/new/show.html

Sean

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Cool! Great job! Hope to see pictures and maybe some video soon. :big_grin:

davidmartiste

Reaction score
That is so awesome Sean! I'm a Pee Wee fan as well and wish I could have made it to one of the LA shows. I hope we get to see some puppet images at some point. Hoping more that the show makes it to Broadway! :wink:

davidandora

Reaction score
Awesome work!

I'm from Chicago and flew out to see the show on the 15th. I sat in the second row and when the curtain opened to reveal the playhouse set with all the puppets and characters, I couldn't stop grinning for the rest of the show! The puppets are so well produced you'd swear they are the originals, except that they are squeaky-clean and bright! They puppet credits in the program are vast and bit confusing as to who did what, so I suspect there might have been a lot of collaboration and advising. What I would give to have looked in on that puppet making process. What incredible fun! the actual puppeteering was very clearly a major group challenge. Puppeteers hidden all over that set! I've never seen another live show with so many puppeteers operating so many different puppets from in and around- and above the stage. Congratulations on your work in this incredibly nostalgic, super-slick production. My life has been blessed with a lot of amazing experiences, but seeing this show was really one of the highlights. Thanks! If you live in the L.A. area (or not, for that matter), GO SEE IT before it's gone!