The Outlook of Muppets and Their Fans

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
[Gratitous Disclaimer: This is merely my own opinion on this subject.]

The Muppets.

We are their adoring fans, and we watch and scrutinze their every move. Whatever comes out of their mouths, we remember and we adore. We can tell when the performer has a cold, or dosn't particularly want to do a certain character that day. It's normal for us to watch and re-watch our movies, listen to our songs till our records and CDs give out and die. Then we listen to them on our comptuers till they die.

It's in our nature to be critizing, but...have we gotten too far? Step back, and listen to yourselves sometimes? I've been a victim of it too. We complain when we shouldn't and we say too much negitive things. A few of us, might have forgotten, or perhaps I like to say the memories are too painful, for us tried-and-true fans.

It will never be exactly the way it was back in the old times.

Those times have passed behind us! We should embrace what we have today. So, nipple jokes and 'witch-slapped' are the norm? Look who made those jokes!

Possibly the most crude and crass muppets that have ever had a recurring role in that 'family'. The napster reference. Yes it's dated, and even now some people may not get it. But look at who made it, and what it was!

Miss Piggy. Who believes everything is throw away, good for one use, then it's gone. That's how Napster treated music, until recently.

You say it's gotten raunchy, well, look at the 70s and the 80s. What comedy was done then, was considered raunchy then. It just depends on the time and place. I say it fit perfectly with that movies time, and its' release date. They are keeping up with the times, and it warms my heart so to see it.

Which brings me back to the original statement. It will never be the way it was.

They lost the soul and heart of the muppets in the early 90s. Jim, the man who made it possible, gone. Richard, the crazy heartfilled man, gone. But we must remember them, and embrace those who have come to replace the others. Yes, give them nudges, but praise what comes right. Sometimes....I've just seen things that shoot them down outright like sitting ducks. It makes me sick to see these people who have come to fill the various shoes, just shot out of the sky.

These shoes they must fill...make Sweetum's feet seem tiny.

So, I ask you, dear Muppet Fans. With a wary eye, and a fine-tuned ear, do not shun this new generation of muppets!

Embrace them, love them, and...when Fozzie sounds like Piggy? Just make a joke and roll with it.

[Gratitous Disclaimer: This is merely my own opinion on this subject.]

G-MAN

Reaction score
(Applauding) and I third it. :smile:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
.....I don't know is it funny if I say I fourth it? <_< >_>

janicegroupie

Reaction score
Very well said. I know I feel like sometimes fans hate the new stuff just to hate or because they're comparing it too much to the material in the 70s or 80s. And you said it perfectly it will never be the same so embrace these new muppets. The truth is times change and nothing in life ever stays the same and we just gotta go with it.

Marky

Reaction score
I agree too. The thing I like least about when something new comes out...

Knowing I have to now wait again for more.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
*Sniff* That's beautiful ReneeLouvier *wipes eyes sobbing*