The Oh-So-Permanent Thanksgiving Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know restaurants are open today (except around here), but I’m surprised Golden Corral or any other buffet restaurant would be in business.
Unless they rearrange the buffet tables so people minimize exposure to the food.
Make it more like a cafeteria.

Any Del

Reaction score
I know it's late considering we are now in Christmas territory; but I wanted to say I'm thankful for being part of this forum. Some members on here helped me throughout dark times and inspired me to do better and you're like an online family to me. So, I thank you.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My family stayed home like we did last year and had chili from our slow cooker. I had leftovers today. Anyway, this year, I’m thankful to still be healthy and still have family members that are healthy and my cat. Thankful that I still have a job and for the Muppets getting me through this crazy year and fellow Muppet fans.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just mainly thankful we've been able to survive what has certainly been a horrible year for so many people all around the world, because it certainly hasn't been easy at all.

Meanwhile, even with a smaller Thanksgiving meal, there's still tons of left overs, lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It warms my heart to see so many of you shared what you’re thankful for.
Keep a little of that with you every day, everywhere you go. And it will help make the hard times a little easier.
Thank you all👍👍👍

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Curious to know what everybody else does with the cranberry sauce at your Thanksgiving meal . . . do you just squelch it out of the can and serve it as is, or do you try to doing something more with it?

We usually make some kind of a cranberry salad out of it; more often than not with some kind of creamed cheese topping, with some maybe some nuts (walnuts, pecans, whatever), and maybe chunks of other fruit like baby oranges, pineapple pieces, and the like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Thanks to inflation, this year's Thanksgiving meal will be the most expensive in the history of the holiday. And that's saying a lot; after all, the first Thanksgiving only cost the Native Americans an entire continent!" ~ Stephen Colbert

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact that Tom Kenny can barely even do SpongeBob's voice anymore because of how much he's aged since the show began that it's actually kind of sad that Al Roker's cringey attempt to imitate SpongeBob's voice sounds literally no different from Tom's actual SpongeBob voice now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was just me and my mom this year. There's a bit of tension going on between my mom and aunt right now, so we haven't been getting together with family at the holidays like we used to, which is kind of sad, because holiday meals were always such a festive occasion, especially with my humorous uncle.

But, on the other hand, with less dishes to prepare and to save leftovers from, it wasn't as much of a big mess to deal with, so that was one positive that came out it.