The Official Top 10 Anything...

animalrescuer

Reaction score

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I've been meaning to make this list for a while; the ten most overplayed songs on the radio. I'll try to list them in order, but jee oh man is it a slugfest:

10. Black Betty
9. Summer of '69
8. Heartbreaker (Benatar)
7. Livin' on a Prayer
6. The Joker
5. Piano Man
4. Turn the Page
3. Hotel California
2. Don't Stop Believin'
1. Bohemian Rhapsody

Keep in mind; some of these artist could have multiple songs, but I limited it to one per.

So many honorable mentions: Sweet Child o' Mine, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Candle in the Wind, Sweet Home Alabama, Free Fallin', Sister Christian, Live and Let Die and the list goes on...

Last edited:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Believe me, I could think of more songs that are way overplayed on the radio! I’m not kidding, I always hear the same song played at least three times on the radio every single day!

It gets old very, very fast!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Believe me, I could think of more songs that are way overplayed on the radio! I’m not kidding, I always hear the same song played at least three times on the radio every single day!

It gets old very, very fast!
I think it definitely varies by area; I am stuck with some generic "We play anything" station that rotates the same 45 songs every day, but I feel like a lot of stations are becoming the same.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
You know, while we're on the topic of overplayed songs, I used to like the song "Happy" by Pharrell Williams before they started overplaying the crap out of it. Then it just started to annoy me.

Same deal with "Let It Go" from Frozen. I thought it was a good, catchy song when I first saw Frozen at the movie theater. But then when the movie and the song started to get so much overexposure, the song started to drive me nuts, and I would mute it every time it came on. I don't mind the song as much anymore, though, now that the Frozenmania has melted into a pile of slush (at least until Frozen 2 comes out...).
I've been meaning to make this list for a while; the ten most overplayed songs on the radio. I'll try to list them in order, but jee oh man is it a slugfest:

10. Black Betty
9. Summer of '69
8. Heartbreaker (Benatar)
7. Livin' on a Prayer
6. The Joker
5. Piano Man
4. Turn the Page
3. Hotel California
2. Don't Stop Believin'
1. Bohemian Rhapsody

Keep in mind; some of these artist could have multiple songs, but I limited it to one per.

So many honorable mentions: Sweet Child o' Mine, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Candle in the Wind, Sweet Home Alabama, Free Fallin', Sister Christian, Live and Let Die and the list goes on...
Meh, I'd take any of those songs over "Shake It Off", "Fight Song", or "Shape Of You" any day.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Let me tell you, this is why I'm glad I listen to classic rock on the radio.

Yeah, sure. I've heard songs like Don't Stop Believing, Rocket Man, Welcome to the Jungle, etc alot, but at least they're songs I can rock to in my car and not get sick of.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's going to believe this, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard Let It Go, and I haven't even tried to avoid it or anything; alas, it was featured in today's Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer, so that's how I'll be exposed to it.

There's definitely a line between the songs I and Consummate cited; as far as I'm concerned, '70s-early 2000s is a completely different universe compared to the crap that is being played today.