The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Does anyone recall an episode of Sesame Street from the mid-to-late '80s with everyone finding items being misplaced or gone missing? I particularly recall Telly in the opening scene of this one losing his orange. Thanks.

webergh

Reaction score
In this skit there's a man and a woman sitting on a couch or something and they start talking and he says he's not very good at singing and the only thing he can sing is "aroooom" and she says thats okay because the only thing she can sing is "beep beep". Then they start singing together "arooom, beep, beep" etc. If you've seen it you will know. It's the best skit ever and I can't find it anywhere on you tube! help!

webergh

Reaction score
In this skit there's a man and a woman sitting on a couch or something and they start talking and he says he's not very good at singing and the only thing he can sing is "aroooom" and she says thats okay because the only thing she can sing is "beep beep". Then they start singing together "arooom, beep, beep" etc. If you've seen it you will know. It's the best skit ever and I can't find it anywhere on you tube! help!
i forgot to say, this is a live action sketch from the early 70's. One of the first seasons of Sesame Street.

ISNorden

Reaction score
That one aired in Episode 131, the second season premiere; the characters' names were Larry and Phyllis.

Rowlf's Ears

Reaction score
For a short film SS aired sometime in the early 70s. It was set in a park, likely Central Park in NYC. It showed various wide & close up shots of things around the park (I somehow recall an iron gate up close)
Then it ended with a jogger running in slow motion. All this w/ no voice-over & what sounded like pipe/ Hammond organ music playing a slow-tempoed tune.

Every time I ask this on SS Youtube posts, no one knows what I'm talking about. I literally haven't seen this clip *since* the 70s.

Any ideas?:stick_out_tongue:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
A few sketches I'm trying to find myself...

A quick insert involving Cookie Monster looking at a plate full of cookies, and gobling up the whole plate (Season 2)

Kermit talking about feet (mid-70s)

Ernie sings "Three of These Things Belong Together" with plates of cookies that keep changing for some reason (three guesses why this keeps happening...or at least who keeps doing it...) (Season 2)

Oscar driving a garbage truck out in NYC, stopping to chat with Luis and a kid. I've been looking for this one for ages after seeing it way back when. I found out that this was from 1978-79 (Season 10). Funny thing is, I thought there were more adults in this, but turns out my memory's been playing tricks on me after seeing an actual still photo of this scene.

DanielBMS

Reaction score
What was the sketch that involved a gymnast having watered splashed all over her for some reason?

webergh

Reaction score
Thank you SOOO much! I finally found it on youtube by searching their names!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this episode?

In the clip are the B for Boot "machine"
The 2 headed monster in a sketch about same and different
a sea shell being uncovered in stop motion from sand
A street segment where Leo, Telly, Dexter the juggler, and a bunch of kids are "partying" leading to Leo introducing a semi parody of the band police, featuring Maria, Bob, and Gordon dressed up as police officers
and then a cartoon about 3 dancers dancing to Roma type accordion music.