The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

juliablack

Reaction score
I've been trying to find this scene as well... I thought i was crazy until I read your description! XD If anyone could fill me in as to what that was from that would be greatly appreciated! ^^

StreetScenes

Reaction score
anyone remember the cartoon with fisherman jones that ends with "but you can't sail to nebraska, 'cause the ocean don't go there!" i thought i saw it recently, maybe i'm just using the wrong search terms...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's a cartoon by ArtistMike. Captain Finney asks "What is it?" and describes an ocean.

chudman1000

Reaction score
I was working with my friend yesterday and she mentioned remembering a segment from Sesame Street with a boy in a jersey with a seven on it shouting out "Seven!". From her description of how he looked and how he sounded it sounded like it could of been John John, but I´m not really too sure. I tried lookig for this clip to surprise her, but had no luck. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
I was working with my friend yesterday and she mentioned remembering a segment from Sesame Street with a boy in a jersey with a seven on it shouting out "Seven!". From her description of how he looked and how he sounded it sounded like it could of been John John, but I´m not really too sure. I tried lookig for this clip to surprise her, but had no luck. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I'm guessing she probably was thinking of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8VWAMgmNk

chudman1000

Reaction score
Oh I remember that one! That looks like it could be it. Thanks a lot!

SesameStreet019

Reaction score
Looking for an Animated Clip

I'm trying to view and reconnect with all the cool Animated SS clips I remember.

I searched some wikis, youtube and the sesame street site and couldn't find it.
  • I'm 99% sure it was sesame street
  • It was animated art (no muppets). I estimate 30 seconds maybe?
  • No voice, just a very catchy tune..dee-dee-dee-deedee de :sing:, kind of a whistle, flute, or violin type tone.
  • Involved forests and trees, and I believe a bird IIRC. One or more getting cut down and replanted
  • I would say late 80s-early 90s. I don't know if it was earlier seasons.
Any clues?:smile:
Thanks!

justfrancine

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first posting here....I am hoping that someone can help steer me in the right direction......I would like to find footage of myself and my siblings when we were on Sesame Street (Canadian) probably around 1977-80 or so. I would love to show my kids how mum was on the show!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Banjo Bert

Tim Brown (an old school Sesame fan) mentions this segment on his blog...

http://onlinelunchpail.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-want-i-want-sesame-street-wednesday.html

4) BANJO BERT. I have a very, very, very vague memory of this from the mid-'70s, and NOBODY else seems to remember it, despite it being possibly the most bizarre segment ever to appear on the show. It featured Ernie playing basketball while banjo music plays, and Bert's head appearing in the upper left corner of the screen and trying to catch the ball in his mouth. It only ranks #4 because I know it's going to be almost impossible to find, and I don't want to get my hopes for finding it up too much.

debdog42

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone remembers this animated skit from the mid to late 80's. It starts with a snake and several other animals inside what looks like a jail and they are making a plan to break out that night. The tone is serious. They do go ahead and break out, BUT it is to buy ice cream from the ice cream guy at the zoo I think. The clip is short and I have no idea what to use to search for it.