The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

m0ckduck

Reaction score
As a 5 year-old in 1979, I appeared in a short segment about a group of kids who go to a printing press. It's one of those segments that doesn't take place on Sesame Street and doesn't involve any of the characters– I guess you refer to these as 'real-life films' here on this board (?). I would love it if anyone has any info or recollections about this segment, especially if it helps me track down the actual footage eventually. I've never actually even seen the segment (although people I know have, so I know that it aired).

I've found a few references on this board to an episode where a boy and a girl lose their dog and make flyers at a printer's shop– I'm almost certain this is NOT the episode I'm in (as I don't remember anything about a dog and don't have a sister).

I recall the filming happening in '79, but it's possible that I'm misremembering this, so I can imagine that the air date might have been anytime from '79 - '81.

mr3urious

Reaction score
As a 5 year-old in 1979, I appeared in a short segment about a group of kids who go to a printing press. It's one of those segments that doesn't take place on Sesame Street and doesn't involve any of the characters– I guess you refer to these as 'real-life films' here on this board (?). I would love it if anyone has any info or recollections about this segment, especially if it helps me track down the actual footage eventually. I've never actually even seen the segment (although people I know have, so I know that it aired).

I've found a few references on this board to an episode where a boy and a girl lose their dog and make flyers at a printer's shop– I'm almost certain this is NOT the episode I'm in (as I don't remember anything about a dog and don't have a sister).

I recall the filming happening in '79, but it's possible that I'm misremembering this, so I can imagine that the air date might have been anytime from '79 - '81.
Here's the segment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6IAApz4oo

m0ckduck

Reaction score
Thanks, but unfortunately that's not the one. I was in *another* segment about a printing press.

sweetpig

Reaction score
Hi M0ckduck, was it one where a little boy is seen pulling a wagon full of newspapers behind him down the street at the end with his brother (?), because they now know how a printing press works and are all excited wanting to help recycle from now on? Or, was it one about a little biracial girl with long dark brown hair who is shown resting on her tummy on a carpet and reading a newspaper at the beginning, when she looks up at the ceiling wondering to herself how "old paper" becomes "new paper"? Cos if it's either one of those, I remember them.:super:

I have them on VHS too, but it's a pain to transfer those to digital :frown:

m0ckduck

Reaction score
Hi M0ckduck, was it one where a little boy is seen pulling a wagon full of newspapers behind him down the street at the end with his brother (?), because they now know how a printing press works and are all excited wanting to help recycle from now on? Or, was it one about a little biracial girl with long dark brown hair who is shown resting on her tummy on a carpet and reading a newspaper at the beginning, when she looks up at the ceiling wondering to herself how "old paper" becomes "new paper"? Cos if it's either one of those, I remember them.:super:

I have them on VHS too, but it's a pain to transfer those to digital :frown:
Hi Sweetpig,

Thanks for letting me know about these! It could *possibly* be the first episode you describe, although I'm not exactly sure from your description. Here's what I remember: a bunch of kids go down a country road (it was filmed in rural Vermont) and wind up at a printing press. It was a small group of kids (4 maybe?). I think mostly boys, maybe one girl. The problem is that my memories of the filming are so dim, because I was only about 5 years old.

I think the rural aspect is the biggest giveaway. Is the wagon full of newspapers part shot on a country road?

Thanks again...

ISNorden

Reaction score
Snuffy sighting in old episode: more information needed!

Does anyone else recall an episode (from the early 1970s) in which one of the adults spots Mr. Snuffleupagus on Sesame Street? Snuffy was wearing striped pajamas at the time, which causes confusion when Big Bird asks where his friend has gone. (The adult character agrees that Snuffy is real, but mistakes the stripes for a natural body covering; when Big Bird tries to correct the description, he gets ignored as usual.)

If you remember this show...could you please tell me (1) which season it aired in, and (2) who the "Snuffy sighter" was. I'm thinking it's Bob but I could be wrong!

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Here's a description from Muppet Wiki:
Mr. Snuffleupagus comes to Sesame Street wearing black-and-white overalls. Bob has dozed off on the stoop, and wakes up just as Snuffy is leaving. Bob gets a glimpse of Snuffy as he's waking up. However, when Bob tells Big Bird about seeing the Snuffleupagus, he mentions the black and white stripes, and Big Bird thinks Bob must have been imagining things.

If so, you must be thinking of Episode 0807. View a description here.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Here's a description from Muppet Wiki:
Mr. Snuffleupagus comes to Sesame Street wearing black-and-white overalls. Bob has dozed off on the stoop, and wakes up just as Snuffy is leaving. Bob gets a glimpse of Snuffy as he's waking up. However, when Bob tells Big Bird about seeing the Snuffleupagus, he mentions the black and white stripes, and Big Bird thinks Bob must have been imagining things.

If so, you must be thinking of Episode 0807. View a description here.
Thanks--that episode aired when I was six, and came up in a conversation with a fellow fan recently. I wanted to make sure my memory wasn't way off-base this time. (Too bad Sesame Workshop never included the clip on one of their DVD sets; it deserves a little more exposure for the Snuffy fans out there!)

talkingfrog

Reaction score
The King and Three Subjects

Hello,

I am looking for a skit I saw on Sesame Street in the late 60's early 70's (I was born in 1965).
It was about a King and involved three of his subjects with different jobs, they were a baker a toymaker and a firefighter (I think, I might have one or all of them wrong).
Anyway the king has a birthday, and loves his birthday cake so much he decides to make everyone bakers, until all of a sudden there are no toys for him to play with, so the ex toymaker tells him that he can make toys and the king lets him do that and he loves his toys alot, so he makes everyone a toymaker, that works until a fire starts in his castle, and there is no one there to put out the fire, and the ex fireman/toymaker offers to help out. In the last scene the King is about to make everyone firemen until one of the three subjects speak up with the lesson that the king needs different people to do all kinds of different things, so why not just let the baker stay a baker, a firefighter stay a firefighter etc. Besides they each like doing there original jobs anyway.

Could you please tell me the name of the skit, any Sesame Street DVD it might be on, or please send a youtube link to the skit... if any.

Thanks in Advance.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a skit I saw on Sesame Street in the late 60's early 70's (I was born in 1965).
It was about a King and involved three of his subjects with different jobs, they were a baker a toymaker and a firefighter (I think, I might have one or all of them wrong).
Anyway the king has a birthday, and loves his birthday cake so much he decides to make everyone bakers, until all of a sudden there are no toys for him to play with, so the ex toymaker tells him that he can make toys and the king lets him do that and he loves his toys alot, so he makes everyone a toymaker, that works until a fire starts in his castle, and there is no one there to put out the fire, and the ex fireman/toymaker offers to help out. In the last scene the King is about to make everyone firemen until one of the three subjects speak up with the lesson that the king needs different people to do all kinds of different things, so why not just let the baker stay a baker, a firefighter stay a firefighter etc. Besides they each like doing there original jobs anyway.

Could you please tell me the name of the skit, any Sesame Street DVD it might be on, or please send a youtube link to the skit... if any.

Thanks in Advance.
"The King and the Fireman," though it's just the fireman.