The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
It's an eel. It's the same eel muppet that appeared at the end of "Squeal of Fortune" (Who asks Pat Playjacks if it was called "Eel of Fortune.")

quattle

Reaction score
Im looking for a skit where Maria is inside a painting. And she has a dress on and an umbrella and I think she is sitting at a table and she moves in the painting when people turn around. I can't find it. I think it was an 80's sketch

Wiseman

Reaction score
difficult dangerous and delicious

i remember seeing this sketch once on SS: the sketch involved a juggler demonstrating three D words: difficult, dangerous and delicious by juggling a bowling ball (difficult) a knife (dangerous) and an apple (delicious). While he was juggling these items he would occasionally stop and take a bite out of the apple. Oscar was watching him and jokingly said to him "After you're done with the apple, why don't you take a bite out of the bowling ball." Does anyone know what season this ep is from or who the juggler was.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Im looking for a skit where Maria is inside a painting. And she has a dress on and an umbrella and I think she is sitting at a table and she moves in the painting when people turn around. I can't find it. I think it was an 80's sketch
Are you sure it was Maria in the painting? I can remember one similar, but it was Linda, and Maria was Charlie Chaplin... very similar to what you said, just with Maria jumping inside the painting to be with Linda.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Are you sure it was Maria in the painting? I can remember one similar, but it was Linda, and Maria was Charlie Chaplin... very similar to what you said, just with Maria jumping inside the painting to be with Linda.
Are you thinking of the one where Luis and Maria at the art museum? It did not have Linda. But it did have Susan and Gordon in a Egyptian art, Telly in the Mona Lisa, Elmo in the armor. And Bob in the Atlas Statue holding the Earth. I love that song. BTW, It was a parody of the song, "Let's Call the Whole Thing, Off." The song is called "Sing Your Synonyms."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are you thinking of the one where Luis and Maria at the art museum? It did not have Linda. But it did have Susan and Gordon in a Egyptian art, Telly in the Mona Lisa, Elmo in the armor. And Bob in the Atlas Statue holding the Earth. I love that song. BTW, It was a parody of the song, "Let's Call the Whole Thing, Off." The song is called "Sing Your Synonyms."
No, it WASN'T a song, it was a Charlie Chaplin type sketch, and I remember it clear as day. it was NOT "Sing your Synonyms" since that one's even more vivid in my mind, as I rewatched it frequently on my old VHS copy of Put Down the Duckie I taped off of TV.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
No, it WASN'T a song, it was a Charlie Chaplin type sketch, and I remember it clear as day. it was NOT "Sing your Synonyms" since that one's even more vivid in my mind, as I rewatched it frequently on my old VHS copy of Put Down the Duckie I taped off of TV.
Well, I have not seen that in a long time. I do remember Maria as Charlie Chaplin where he tries to reach the door. But his suspenders were caught on the wall, and a voice over says "Long Suspenders, Longer, Longest."

quattle

Reaction score
no it wasnt the one where susan and Gordan are in the Paintings and its not the one with Linda and Maria as Chaplin. It was definately either Maria or Linda in a big 1900's pink frilly dress with a parasol and they had a white tabel and were in a garden in this painting. and everytime the person turned around they had a new pose.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
no it wasnt the one where susan and Gordan are in the Paintings and its not the one with Linda and Maria as Chaplin. It was definately either Maria or Linda in a big 1900's pink frilly dress with a parasol and they had a white tabel and were in a garden in this painting. and everytime the person turned around they had a new pose.
Well, I remember Linda as Charlie Chaplin's reflection. With Maria as Charlie Chaplin in the mirror for the word, "ME".

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Now I remember that, It had nice violin music in the background. I love the part when they were on the painting of the table and chair and they went on a date. What a happy ending. :smile: