The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

dietrich

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see if anyone remembers a sketch I only saw once. In it Maria and Olivia play farm girls who count sheep to fall asleep. After they fall asleep, two sheep count people to fall asleep. does anyone remember that sketch?

ISNorden

Reaction score
Alphabet Polka

This song aired in two versions: the first had Slimey and a polka band performing it near Oscar's can, the second had the whole cast singing as they danced down the street on a "silly day". I remember most of the lyrics, which went like this:

A and B and C and D
E and F and how 'bout G?
Hey! Do the Alphabet Polka!
H and I and then comes J
(Don't forget the letter K!)
L and M and N-O-P
Q and R and S and T
Then we come to U and V
W and X-Y-Z
[forgotten lines here]
The earlier variant (at Oscar's can) rhymed "alphabet" with "Slimey and his clarinet"; the later, full-cast variant rhymed it with "everyone get ready, set". Do any of you remember the missing lines? Please post them here if you do; I'd love to put this in the Lyrics Archive!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm trying to look for a song (sounding like something written by Joe Raposo) that had several kids playing in a park and running around and through trees and playground equipment. It was possibly from the late '80s or early '90s. I can't seem to find it anywhere on YT or Sesamestreet.org, so please help me!

It's not "Drink of Water", BTW.

EepOrpEepOpOp

Reaction score
I have two!

The first is a Canadian short with a little boy and an alien. The alien sings something about how the moon in June looks like a big balloon, and something about Saskatoon. The little boy ends the skit with "La Lune".

The second is, I believe, a News Flash with Rapunzel, but it isn't the classic one all over youtube. Prince Charming calls his lackey ("Oh Lackey!") and they finally decide that, instead of "Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down your hair!" it should be "Come sown the stair".

dietrich

Reaction score
I didn't know that there were two Rapunzel Newsflashes. It makes you wonder just how many Muppet sketches from the 70's and 80's we're unaware of

RugbyCutie

Reaction score
I have two; both are animated...

The first appeared to be older and featured a singing turtle whom I think also sang "Hey Diddle Diddle" in another sketch. It was a counting song that worked much the same way as "The Twelve Days of Christmas", beginning with one and repeating all the numbers backwards after each verse. I can remember this much:

"Three, three, the dragonflies...
Two, two, the little green frogs, jumping on the lilypads...
One is one and only one and ever more shall be so."

Edit: Just found it! It's "Green Grow the Rushes" (and it must be fairly well-known too, as it's on the official SST Youtube channel). ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1q5PUGGW5E&feature=channel_page

The second was fairly newer and featured a person's ear and a cotton swab silhoutted against a white (maybe pale yellow) background. The cotton swab was explaining to the ear that it needed to be cleaned and the ear only replied in grunts. I always found it kind of peculiar, even for SST. =/

clipjj27

Reaction score
Hi,

A lot of you who recognize my name might know that I am interested in looking for the following live-action clips:

1. 'Fred, get me a 20' - a man (Joe Raposo) gets sent on a mission to find a 20, finds the numbers 11 through 19 along the way, and runs into a gorilla (and the 20) at the end.

2. The five other clips featuring the gymnast with blonde hair - 'around,' 'beginning/end,' 'close to/away from,' 'over/under,' and 'slow.'

3. 'Beginning/end' - five stop-motion clips (mother making sandwich, kids waiting in line, man eating hot dog, man painting picture, and barber giving haircut).

4. Scuba diver - one clip where he finds five shells underwater, counts them on the shore, and is surprised by a crab, and one where kids say 'Boo!' and he swims 'away from' them.

5. Post office song - hip song about mail delivery where one of the lines goes '...to the post office where it will stay, for just one day...'

However, what about the following clips as well?

1. Animated 'tree on man's head' - Scottish bagpipe music plays in background

2. 'Danger' (live-action) man reads newspaper as he walks along, barely avoiding dangerous things, then runs into something (revolving door?) at the end.

3. David and Maria (live-action) are supposed to meet each other in a park but can't find each other. 'Over' and 'under' are demonstrated and synthesizer-like music is played in the background.

4. Chewing gum factory - kids (live-action) tour a chewing gum factory with flute-like music playing in the background. 'Don't swallow it!' is one of the last lines said (it being the gum!)

5. Figure skater - one clip where she skates forward, then backward, and one where she (same person?) skates to the tune of 'Don't you know you're beautiful?' (both live-action)

6. Circles on film - a circle 'wraps' itself around several live-action objects, an 'OK' sign being one of them.

7. Horses and heavy loads (live) - horses try to pull heavier and heavier loads until they can't do it anymore - Raposo music.

I've been looking for the ones in the first list for quite some time, and the ones in the second list have more recently acquired my interest. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows of these.

itcomagic

Reaction score
Alien Arms and Fruit

I am looking for the name of (or at least a lead) on a sketch that I think involved a couple of aliens. One of their arms were in the straight above their head position, and the other's was in the down by their side position. They had to work together to try and get some fruit out of a tree or somesuch. Ring a bell to anyone. Any help would be appreciated.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, yes, you're probably thinking of the sketch with the Geefle and the Gonk. Check the articles for either of these characters at Muppet Wiki, as they might have some info on where the sketch was released if at all. Hope this helps and welcome to MC.

AshleyC

Reaction score
Judy Collins clip?

I'm trying to find Judy Collins singing Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. I know it's on the record The Stars Come Out on Sesame Street, but I haven't been able to get hold of that. Does anyone have a digital file?
Many thanks,
Ashley