The Nostalgia Thread

Schfifty

Reaction score
Okay, who else remembers playing this:
in elementary school computer lab? I used to do all kinds of crazy stuff on it. I also used to spam the Undo Guy ("I made a boo-boooo, yeaah") and the firecracker eraser, LOL.
I was just looking at a few videos of Kid Pix on YouTube today. I had the first edition of Kid Pix from the mid-90s, and it was the bomb! It featured some of the most '90s-style sound effects you will ever hear in a game.

Speaking of computer games, anyone here ever play the Reader Rabbit games as a kid? Like Reader Rabbit's 1st Grade or the Interactive Reading/Math Journey games?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like Schfifty, I too only remember the first edition of Kid Pix; one of my favorite features was the video postcards:

Speaking of sound effects, there was always one particular sound effect from Kid Pix I honestly thought sounded like Big Bird - see if you don't think the same:
(at the 1:53 mark)

Schfifty

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that little boy yelling "WOW!" when you erase a picture. It does slightly sound like BB, but I never thought that...just sounded like some young dude.

And the sound during the film leader was also an erasing method. I always liked the 3, just because of how different it was from the others. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, that was a favorite of mine too: "THREEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh man, I freaking loved Kids Pix when I was little. My sister and I played it all the time. Among my favorite things in that game were the sound effects such as the "Wow" and "Three" sound effects that you guys mentioned. But I also really loved that sound that happened whenever you covered the screen with those colors, you know that "bloop bloop bloop" sound. I also really loved that stick of dynamite that made the picture explode.

I also played the Jump Start games, Elmo's Preschool (which frustrated me because Elmo was the only character in it), James Discovers Math, and The Playroom (from the same creators as James...Math, starring two human sized mice). I also remember that frustrating Tarzan game where you lost health every time a monkey touched you or something. There was also the Clue Finders series, Math Blaster (well I mostly watched my older sister play that), and Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego.

Speaking of computer games, anyone here ever play the Reader Rabbit games as a kid? Like Reader Rabbit's 1st Grade or the Interactive Reading/Math Journey games?
I remember getting one of the Reader Rabbit games for my fifth birthday and being really frustrated by them. It took me about two years for me to actually be able to play them, but by then I had lost interest.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Lilo and Stitch is 15 years old........already. It's awesome to see one of my favorite childhood cartoon characters become a Hot Topic icon, heck, I've been seeing Stitch more than GIR at that store lately. But on the other hand, it's very surreal for the franchise to get that old in such a seemingly short amount of time. If Lilo was a real person, she'd be able to drive now.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
What happened when childhood characters grow up:

-Bart Simpson would be in his 30s
-Stewie would be 18 years old
-On a much more awesome note, Giggles from HTF would be 18 years old (She's my age, giggitty)
-Lilo would probably be packing her bags for college
-Mac would've probably forgotten all about Bloo once he got his first girlfriend
-The AAHH! Real Monsters would have graduated from scare school a long time ago. They could possibly be attending Monsters University with Mike and Sully right now
-Shrek and Fiona's ogre babies would be in their early tween years
-Bender would be married to an Alexa device
-Scrat would've died centuries ago
-Woody and Buzz would be considered antiques and start being sold almost exclusively at flea markets
-E.T. could've easily phoned home thanks to modern communication technology
-Kevin from Home Alone would've had no problem thanks to having the ability to call, text, or Skype his family.
-Ash would be in his 30s, be happily married, and probably lost interest in the whole Pokemon thing a long time ago
-Courage the Cowardly Dog would be an Internet sensation like Grumpy Cat due to the fact that he's an unusual looking pink dog
-Cheetara from Thundercats would probably have ended up a crazy cat lady by now
-Peter Pan would still be the same (It was established in the film that living in Neverland gives you the option of staying young forever)
-He-Man would be a mall security guard.....freaking out passing by customers with his ginormous medieval-esque sword.
-The Care Bears would still be friends on social media
-Optimus Prime would have a part time job as a port-a-potty
-Rocky and Bullwinkle would get sick of constantly being mistaken from Lumpy and Splendid from Happy Tree Friends
-Smurfette would've started a protest against Smurf sexism because she's the only female in town
-Cobra Commander would've ended his villainous ways years ago and become a voice on your GPS device (Turn to this sssssside of the ssssssstreet to ssssssee the wonderssssss of Sssssandiego lol :stick_out_tongue:)
-Rainbow Brite would finally get married thanks to the recent legality of gay marriage (I'm sorry about that one, but her name is Rainbow. I just couldn't resist lol)
-Punky Brewster would've abandoned Glomer causing him to become a villain and turn to the dark side like Darth Vader
-Sabrina the Teenage Witch would now be Sabrina the Middle Aged Witch
-After years of being mocked for not having a nose, Voldemort finally got a nosejob
-Roger from American Dad left the Smiths a long time ago and became a recurring part of Rick and Morty's team
-Jessica Rabbit becomes a famous movie star, even though her acting sucks. She still receives roles for obvious reasons lol
-George and Harold from Captain Underpants would be pitching a show to [adult swim] together (They'd end up the next Trey Parker and Matt Stone)
-After being killed so many times, Kenny goes into a serious depression
-Cartman becomes president of the United States forcing everyone to literally "respect his authority"
-Poof from The Fairly Oddparents has now grown up and become a famous rapper under the name "M.C. Fair E"
-Miss Frizzle would have gone to court for bringing children on dangerous missions with little to no precautions being taken
-PaRappa the Rapper would've made his comeback after getting into an intense rap battle with 50 Cent
-Edna Mode from The Incredibles would be a host on Project Runway
-Thanks to his ridiculous last name, Doug Funney became a stand up comedian
-The Teletubbies would now be the TabletTubbies
-Charlie Brown would've finally kicked the football thanks to luck and become a famous NFL player.....much to Lucy's dismay
-Hannah Montana makes a viral video of herself sitting on a wrecking ball half naked (Oh wait, that really happened!?)
-HIM from Powerpuff Girls becomes the first transgender cartoon villain
-The Brave Little Toaster gets used a prop for a Jacka** stunt and is hospitalized after being filled with cow manure
-Fred Flintstone's famous, but outdated catchphrase Yabba Dabba Doo becomes an Internet meme allowing him to have a bit of a brief comeback after so many years of being off the air
-Shaggy and Scooby move to Colorado so he can be allowed to possess marijuana
-After seeing all of the horrible new shows on the Fall TV lineup, Garfield starts hating Thursdays instead of Mondays
-The Mad Hatter starts the latest fashion trend
-Belle and The Beast star on the next big reality show "Married to a Monster"
-Waldo finally gets found after receiving a text that reads "Where u at bro?"

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
What happened when childhood characters grow up:

-Bart Simpson would be in his 30s
-Stewie would be 18 years old
-On a much more awesome note, Giggles from HTF would be 18 years old (She's my age, giggitty)
-Lilo would probably be packing her bags for college
-Mac would've probably forgotten all about Bloo once he got his first girlfriend
-The AAHH! Real Monsters would have graduated from scare school a long time ago. They could possibly be attending Monsters University with Mike and Sully right now
-Shrek and Fiona's ogre babies would be in their early tween years
-Bender would be married to an Alexa device
-Scrat would've died centuries ago
-Woody and Buzz would be considered antiques and start being sold almost exclusively at flea markets
-E.T. could've easily phoned home thanks to modern communication technology
-Kevin from Home Alone would've had no problem thanks to having the ability to call, text, or Skype his family.
-Ash would be in his 30s, be happily married, and probably lost interest in the whole Pokemon thing a long time ago
-Courage the Cowardly Dog would be an Internet sensation like Grumpy Cat due to the fact that he's an unusual looking pink dog
-Cheetara from Thundercats would probably have ended up a crazy cat lady by now
-Peter Pan would still be the same (It was established in the film that living in Neverland gives you the option of staying young forever)
-He-Man would be a mall security guard.....freaking out passing by customers with his ginormous medieval-esque sword.
-The Care Bears would still be friends on social media
-Optimus Prime would have a part time job as a port-a-potty
-Rocky and Bullwinkle would get sick of constantly being mistaken from Lumpy and Splendid from Happy Tree Friends
-Smurfette would've started a protest against Smurf sexism because she's the only female in town
-Cobra Commander would've ended his villainous ways years ago and become a voice on your GPS device (Turn to this sssssside of the ssssssstreet to ssssssee the wonderssssss of Sssssandiego lol :stick_out_tongue:)
-Rainbow Brite would finally get married thanks to the recent legality of gay marriage (I'm sorry about that one, but her name is Rainbow. I just couldn't resist lol)
-Punky Brewster would've abandoned Glomer causing him to become a villain and turn to the dark side like Darth Vader
-Sabrina the Teenage Witch would now be Sabrina the Middle Aged Witch
-After years of being mocked for not having a nose, Voldemort finally got a nosejob
-Roger from American Dad left the Smiths a long time ago and became a recurring part of Rick and Morty's team
-Jessica Rabbit becomes a famous movie star, even though her acting sucks. She still receives roles for obvious reasons lol
-George and Harold from Captain Underpants would be pitching a show to [adult swim] together (They'd end up the next Trey Parker and Matt Stone)
-After being killed so many times, Kenny goes into a serious depression
-Cartman becomes president of the United States forcing everyone to literally "respect his authority"
-Poof from The Fairly Oddparents has now grown up and become a famous rapper under the name "M.C. Fair E"
-Miss Frizzle would have gone to court for bringing children on dangerous missions with little to no precautions being taken
-PaRappa the Rapper would've made his comeback after getting into an intense rap battle with 50 Cent
-Edna Mode from The Incredibles would be a host on Project Runway
-Thanks to his ridiculous last name, Doug Funney became a stand up comedian
-The Teletubbies would now be the TabletTubbies
-Charlie Brown would've finally kicked the football thanks to luck and become a famous NFL player.....much to Lucy's dismay
-Hannah Montana makes a viral video of herself sitting on a wrecking ball half naked (Oh wait, that really happened!?)
-HIM from Powerpuff Girls becomes the first transgender cartoon villain
-The Brave Little Toaster gets used a prop for a Jacka** stunt and is hospitalized after being filled with cow manure
-Fred Flintstone's famous, but outdated catchphrase Yabba Dabba Doo becomes an Internet meme allowing him to have a bit of a brief comeback after so many years of being off the air
-Shaggy and Scooby move to Colorado so he can be allowed to possess marijuana
-After seeing all of the horrible new shows on the Fall TV lineup, Garfield starts hating Thursdays instead of Mondays
-The Mad Hatter starts the latest fashion trend
-Belle and The Beast star on the next big reality show "Married to a Monster"
-Waldo finally gets found after receiving a text that reads "Where u at bro?"
Here's some more I thought of:
-Jem would no longer be producing music and would make a living out of making brief appearances on commercials
-The cast of The Land Before Time would be on display at a history museum
-After so many attempts to take over the world, Zim has since given up and become a cashier at Wendy's
-Kel got married to a bottle of orange soda
-Salad Fingers opened his own restaurant that sells salad and chicken fingers
-Flik from a Bug's Life was sadly eaten by the Geico Gecko
-Master Shake became the mascot of a struggling fast food restaurant
-Kim Possible is currently doing her hardest mission yet: Parenting
-Gargamel got arrested for years of trying to kill Smurfs
-Nemo was finally found........by a fry cook at Red Lobster
-After saving Zelda many times in a row, Link has since given up on heroism and lent his name to a popular Internet term (a website link)
-Alvin got married to his longtime celebrity crush, Giggles from Happy Tree Friends (but mostly because chipmunk celebrities are limited)
-Skeletor was found dead and is now being used a Halloween decoration
in Castle Greyskull
-Hermie the Elf became a dentist........but hated it and is now one of Santa's elves again
-Butt-Head from Beavis and Butt-Head became a stand up comedian, not because he's funny or anything but because people like to laugh at his name
-The Animaniacs realized their president song was outdated and decided to add George W. Bush, Obama, and Trump to the mix
-Bear sold the Big Blue House to a group of rowdy college students who have since turned it into a house of wild partying and bad behavior
-Boo-Boo Bear starred in the latest blockbuster reboot, Ramboo-Boo
-
Nutty from Happy Tree Friends finally rid himself of his horrible sugar addiction after spending years in candy rehab
-Oobi was arrested for having a hand in the planning of a bank robbery (Terrible pun, I know)
-Nigel Thornberry got sick after attempting to "stay up with the times" in the world of outdoor reality shows and drinking his own pee Bear Gryll-style
-The Wicked Witch of the West took her first shower in years......and tragically melted once again
-To keep up with popular trends in the gaming industry, the Neopets released their newest hit game Grand Theft Neopia with more gore, swearing, and hard drinking than any Neopets game that came before it
-Bucky o Hare is now the uncle of fifty rabbit nieces and nephews.......this sounds like a lot but it's normal because his whole family has had years of mating like rabbits
-Swiper almost stole a famous artifact but suddenly stopped when a police officer said "Swiper, no swiping!"
-Plank from Edd, Edd, and Eddy died after a bad experience with a lumberjack (his legacy will live on through his new life as toilet paper)
-Captain Planet got angry and began beating up any person he catches polluting. He has since spawned the memetic catchphrase "I AM CAPTAIN ***** PLANET!"
-The Angry Beavers are now the Happy Beavers after years of anger management classes
-The Tick had a dangerous run into with a fly swatter
-Harley Quinn and The Joker quit clowning around and starred their new life together. Which in the world villainy, is considered a very bat idea lol

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
- Peter Pan and the others would finally grow up

- Kenan ends up working at Rigby's for the rest of his life

- The Thornberrys end up living normal lives in a house

- The VeggieTales characters would have realistic human body features such as ears, arms, hands, and feet

- Carmen Sandiego would have a new job