The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Watching some episodes of the second season of AMC's series, Creep Show. It is truly one of the coolest shows ever! I love how experimental and downright avant-garde some of the stories they feature can get. One short even featured a Bob Ross reference of all things! I never thought I would see a horror series make a reference to The Joy of Painting lol.

If you are mature enough to handle some scary and disturbing content (with plenty of blood, gore, and even some F-bombs to go around) then I would wholeheartedly recommend you check out Creep Show. Although I do warn you that they really don't hold back when it comes to what kind of dark content they show/discuss. Episodes have featured the likes of cannibalism, demonic possession, aliens blowing up the Earth, family members killing each other, strong sexual innuendos, characters doing drugs, adultery, children losing their parents, gross vomiting scenes, and on screen depictions of murder. Thankfully they don't delve into any extremely divisive subject matter like religion or politics but if any of the things I just mentioned could potentially trigger you, then you might want to keep a remote nearby just in case.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At long last, Instagram has finally added a feature that allows you to upload content directly from your computer, so now I no longer have to rely on a third-party browser extension for that very purpose.

Well, actually, they've apparently had it for a while, it's just my account only now has it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Wow! I learned a lot about Mary Lou's Flip Flop Shop today! It is a show that I only vaguely remember growing up but yet it's endearingly weird and quirky aesthetic always stuck with me.

That one video taught me a ton of highly fascinating information regarding this childhood memory that's been more or less forgotten. I learned that the orange monster was meant to be representation of laziness, it was the first PBS Kids series to be broadcast in HD, Mary Lou had intended the show to be Christian in many aspects, the set was designed by the same folks who designed the set for Pee-Wee's Playhouse, the bluish green monkey and the professor owl were both female, and most interestingly of all, the puppets were designed by the same people who created the monsters from the '80s cult classic horror film, Critters.

To be honest, that does make sense in retrospect. While I had no problem with her as a kid, whenever I look at Jumpy now, I can't help but feel a little unnerved by the fact that she has actual human eyes. That really does give off a major uncanny valley vibe which makes me feel uncomfortable. L.Z. Bones looks fine though, he's pretty cute and reminds me of Chewbacca in many ways. I totally don't remember the literal armchair whatsoever though. Somehow all the other characters seemed at least semi-familiar to me except for that one. Perhaps my mind just repressed the memory of that creepy thing lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So so so so so so so SO happy I’m getting a replacement pax 3 charger via warranty, and I don’t even need to send out my old one!

Great way to start November! Hopefully this month will actually go smoothly for once.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If you needed a replacement, how much would that set you back?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean the pax itself is 200 dollars + 12 dollar shipping. It isn’t cheap but compared to other vaporizers, you do get what you pay for.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
McRib back for the time being.
Maybe some of you will find this out as you get older.
It doesn’t take much to make me happy or to smile.
The fact I can get up every morning is half the battle.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s that day again.
In 1969 my mom plopped her baby son in front of our giant black and white Magnavox tv and my love of Sesame Street began.

A year later we got a color set (back then color tv was still a big deal. Many homes had tv, but color was big time!) and I was an apostle at the Church of Big Bird.

For those that want to save a little money (and who doesn’t?) there’s an app called Swagbucks. Monday through Friday they have a trivia game. There’s 10 multiple choice questions. The more you get right, the more points you score. Tonight will be Sesame questions. How well do you know your Street?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, don’t mind me, I’m gonna enjoy this day finishing up the arc where Big Bird goes to Camp echo rock under the influence.