The new What Made You Smile Today thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So far this summer has been wonderful. The last two weeks, it barely got into the 80s. So I’ve been grilling in my backyard every chance I get. Mostly burgers and dogs, even did fish the other night.
For the burgers, Heinz came out with a new condiment called Mayochup. It’s like Big Mac special sauce in a bottle. My new favorite.

Heinz also has something called Mayostard, which would probably make a good potato salad. And Kranch (ketchup and ranch) probably goes good on burgers too. Ironically my bottle of Heinz ketchup has been benched.

Any Del

Reaction score
That's good hear you had a wonderful summer.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Today I probably listened to “Louie Louie” by the Kingsmen for the billionth time.

This 1963 song has become a rock and roll staple, immortalized in the 1978 film “Animal House”.
The beauty of this record is the recording quality is so poor, it was recorded live in one take, and the lyrics are deliberately slurred so nobody knows exactly what they’re singing.

The best anyone can decipher is:

Louie Louie, whoa baby, we gotta go, ya ya ya.

People have been dissecting for decades whether or not the second verse is:

Every night at ten I lay her again.

The Kingsmen performed well into the 80s, usually for drunken college crowds, with everybody drunkenly singing along. But NOBODY knows what they’re singing. Not the band, not the audience, nobody. Of course, everyone is too drunk to notice. That’s the whole idea! Brilliant!

The song is so moronically simple, anyone who ever played in a band can do this.
And for the rest of eternity, they will try.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Hearing from a close female friend of mine that works with Nickelodeon that a certain Latino Karen I used to deal with who clearly has a fetish for playing the victim and loves acting has been blacklisted from ever working with them. 😄 I slept like a baby after hearing that