The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with kimchi? Never eaten it, but man, the smell of that stuff is so rancid, it could kill through the nose!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The place I used to work at made kimchi. Too spicy even for me.

Sauerkraut is okay once you rinse the brine out of it. I make a crock pot recipe with pork chops. Rinse the kraut, add some brown sugar, and it comes out great.

I’m not a relish guy, but one place makes it good. There’s a hot dog stand in Clifton, NJ called Rutt’s Hut. It’s been featured on various food and travel shows. The relish is to die for. It’s a sweet blend of cabbage, carrots, and spices. No vinegar.
Rutt’s Hut is famous for their deep fried hot dogs called Rippers. The place is a total dump, but people still come from miles around to clog their arteries with their grease bomb dogs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then there's cole slaw . . . cole slaw in general is always hit or miss, depending on how it's prepared. IMO, really good cole slaw is moist (but not with too much vinegar, mind you) . . . if cole slaw is too dry or has too much pepper in it (which seems to be the case with Captain D's anymore), then it's no good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A "plain" woman is a woman who's just that, plain: not pretty, doesn't put much effort into her appearance, maybe lacks personality.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Something that makes me smile whenever I'm lucky to catch it on TV is a commercial that's been airing the last couple months of Paul Williams singing "Rainbow Connection".
Dunno what the commercial's for though. :confused:

BTW: Church's is one of the fast food places that makes cole slaw that I like. Or maybe I've been desensitized to the taste of true cole slaw. So long as it's not raw slaw, that stuff has no business on my tongue nore in my stomach.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I never used to eat cole slaw because I didn’t like mayo. Now I can’t get enough of it. But too much mayo drowns it.
TGI Friday’s used to have this ginger lime slaw which was fantastic.
There’s a million ways to make slaw, having the right amounts of sweetness, acidity, and crunch. Like pizza, burgers, and dogs, there is no one right way, but your way.