The new What Made You Smile Today thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Jennifer Barnhart gave a heart to my comment about how Zoe was the first Muppet I ever met on Sesame's puppeteer workshop Facebook video.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In honor of Sesame Street's 50th anniversary, there is a new street sign up.
Sesame Street is at the intersection of Broadway and West 63rd Street.
There is a lot of Sesame history on that block.Across the street is the Empire Hotel, where once upon a time huge neon letters were hoisted up the building.
To the right is Lincoln Center, where a number of Sesame clips with Big Bird and Snuffy.
In the building next to the sign used to be the CTW offices.

And Mayor Bill DeBlasio did something neat. He decided the sign will be a permanent fixture.
So now you can go to New York, and legitimately ask somebody, "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"

I've been on this corner a number of times over the years, but now to be permanently enshrined by Sesame Street is really special. And it is a nice neighborhood. Plenty of places to eat, Central Park is a block away, best to go in the Spring or Fall. Summer and Winter in New York, not so much.
Summer heat and Winter cold are both brutal.

Last edited:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hold on to them. I have them too, they're worth a couple bucks now.
Yeah, I have had volumes 1, 2, 8, 11 and 12 since I was a little kid, I got volumes 10 and 13 from a thrift store a few years ago and I had volume 3 when I was little but I don't have it anymore. I remember being jealous of my cousins and best friend since they each had a complete set. The set I got is pretty good, some of the books are in bad condition and some are in good condition

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I should also mention that at the same yard sale I got 5 of the Sesame Street Book Club books, one of the infamous Ask Kermit books from the 90's and the CD Sesame Street: Platinum All Time Favorites

cjd874

Reaction score
I was at a church yard sale and I got the entire set of The Sesame Street Treasury books for only 3 bucks
I had the full set of SS Treasury books as a kid, too! Amazing stuff, and they really don't make books like those anymore.