The new What Made You Smile Today thread

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Was it green zucchini or yellow zucchini?
:hungry: Mesa no kno… *Gets blasted off of the bridge entrance.
:batty: Amazing! How did you know about the difference in zucchinis?
Oh, you have to know those sort of things if you're to be a king.
*Troop skulk off with young green coconuts in hand.
My work partner Lewis has stated this year for Halloween he's just going to "dress up" as the horse from Holy Grail...by coming to work in normal clothes, and bringing a couple of coconuts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Coke-e-nuts?!? Well, I guess you could always go along as Dame Kris, one of the seven knights from The Magic Sword and point out your enemies are hiding in ze hydrangea bushes. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Not today but last night: we gave our invertebrate tank a piece of blanched zucchini. A snail and the ghost skrimps fought over it in the most adorable manner. Nothing like a tiny transparent skrimp bouncing off a slice of zuke like an angry trampoline artist to make me smile!
Way back when I was 15, my dad and some friends ran a chicken coop. Made a nice profit selling the eggs. A hundred hens and one rooster. Twice a week I helped clean the coop and gather the eggs. If an egg dropped on the floor, the chickens would peck and eat it.
Cannibal chickens! Holy egg drop soup, Batman!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Way back when I was 15, my dad and some friends ran a chicken coop. Made a nice profit selling the eggs. A hundred hens and one rooster. Twice a week I helped clean the coop and gather the eggs. If an egg dropped on the floor, the chickens would peck and eat it.
Cannibal chickens! Holy egg drop soup, Batman!

How's that any different from hungry hungry hamsters in their plastic enclosure devouring their own young's decapitated heads flying about the place from the rotating wheel of torture, er exorcise. *Shrugs.

*Swipes a head from the dark milk chocolate bunny sliced thanks to the standing guillotine at the center of Halloween Town Square. :hungry: :insatiable: :scary:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How's that any different from hungry hungry hamsters in their plastic enclosure devouring their own young's decapitated heads flying about the place from the rotating wheel of torture, er exorcise. *Shrugs.

*Swipes a head from the dark milk chocolate bunny sliced thanks to the standing guillotine at the center of Halloween Town Square. :hungry: :insatiable: :scary:
The exercise wheel in a hamster cage is only torture if you hook it up to a generator so the hamster generates electricity.

When I was little, my next door neighbor had a hamster. Instead of a steel cage, the hamster had a Habitrail. These connecting sections you can buy at the pet store. They were made of clear plastic with connecting tubes so the hamster could climb and explore. There was even a playground room that had a mirror, and even a tiny little swing. Plenty for the little guy to do. Also suitable for gerbils, guinea pigs, and mice.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The exercise wheel in a hamster cage is only torture if you hook it up to a generator so the hamster generates electricity.

When I was little, my next door neighbor had a hamster. Instead of a steel cage, the hamster had a Habitrail. These connecting sections you can buy at the pet store. They were made of clear plastic with connecting tubes so the hamster could climb and explore. There was even a playground room that had a mirror, and even a tiny little swing. Plenty for the little guy to do. Also suitable for gerbils, guinea pigs, and mice.

Oh, you mean a hobbitrail where trolls or orcs can just reach in and pull out a halfling they've left alive for the nightly campfire's cookout.

As for the hamster wheel electric generator... Right, that's how all KND 2x4 technology is powered, especially their multiple treehouse headquarters.