The MythBusters (puppets)

Sad Sad Monster

Reaction score
Im sure they would love to see your works of art. I know if someone made a puppet of me i would be hype. Good job man.

spcglider

Reaction score
I've had varying levels of success in dying a decent puppet-y fleshtone in fleece. But I actually have a good system now.

Start with RIT PEACH colored dye, but don't use it all. Only about 3/4 of the packet. Then add just a hint (not even a teaspoon full) of RIT TAUPE. This brings a little more fleshtone to the dye instead of the bright, fruit-y color you get straight up from PEACH. Then make sure the dye bath is pretty watery or "loose" as I like to call it. You have to get the water nice and hot and if you use a little too much water, you may have to double dip the fleece. In a pinch, you can vary the color with some RIT SUNSINE YELLOW (not alot.. less than a spoonful).

AND ALWAYS TEST YOUR COLOR FIRST! Unless you like surprises. Then just dunk your fabric in whenever you feel like it! LOL!!

In the end, you can get a good smattering of fleshtones that read relatively true to caucasian skin.

And a tip: if you LIKE the color you've made, but can't remember exactly what the formula was, SAVE your dye bath! You can store it for a very long time in gallon jugs or even litre plastic bottles after it cools down. DO NOT POUR HOT DYE BATH INTO A GLASS OR PLASTIC CONTAINER. Wait for it to cool down to avoid disater. This helps quite a bit if you need to replicate a color (especially a skin-tone) later on down the line.

-Gordon

RockerRob

Reaction score
I built Mythbusters too!!

Hello everyone, this is my first post after being a memner for months and months. I built Jamie and Adam a little while back. They are took me about a month of work (a few hours each day), but they are really worth it.

I would love to give you a link, but appatently I must have 10 posts under my belt before I can do that. I still want to share with you all, and if you want to go through the effort, you will see these guys.

1) Go to Webshots.com
2) type in HGJulie in the search box
3) It will bring up a bunch of apparel flats. In the first box under "your search" select "albums" in the pull-down menue and click the "change" button. (I uploaded the puppet album today and the album is not showing up yet)
4) Select "AoA Fatigues" (If there is a "Puppets" album, just select that)
5) Scroll Down to the bottom where you will see "HGJulie's Other albums" in the right collum with a picture of a puppet. Click on the picture.
6) Jamie and Adam are on the bottom row.

I hope all those stupid steps were worth it, and you don't want to kill me by the end of it all.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Those are so cool Rob. Nice work on all those puppets you've made. I to like the green guy.