The mysterious disappearance of Frogfan76

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Now most of you will probably remember the fictional Muppet fan Frogfan76. He was very active online for a while then mysteriously vanished in 2017. I understand that YouTube puppets just come and go without explanation all the time but this was very mysterious as we didn't know anything about him beyond his appearance online (his performer, who was behind the videos etc.). Also almost all except a few of his YouTube videos have vanished again with no explanation. It's something I've been thinking about non-stop since he vanished at the end of 2017, I just had to write a thread about this

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It happens, unfortunately.

Back in 2009, there was Cheeky, the mascot of the channel CheekTV, a beanie-wearing, cockney-accented purple monster who would react to, respond to, or even do parodies of celebrity news, viral videos, current events, and other such content, before he just suddenly disappeared without a trace, and had never been seen again.

And much like Frogfan76, there was also Casey the Muppet, the self-proclaimed world's biggest Muppet fan who was a(n FAO-Schwartz Whatnot) Muppet himself; he too has stopped doing videos quite some time ago - although, I at least know that the real Casey is doing well, and is actually a member of a band now.

More often than not, life just gets in the way, or the people behind these videos lose interest and move onto other things. In some cases, at least some make an effort to still put out a new video or two on occasion, even if they are few and far between, it's better than nothing.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I just found out he was apparently performed by Sesame Street and Playhouse Disney Live puppeteer Andy Hayward. He was very secret about people finding out he performed Frogfan76. Someone found out and said so in the comments of a video and there was a whole bunch of drama

Cookie3001

Reaction score
In a Muppet Hub podcast they mentioned something about Frogfan being "out of the hospital" so I'm wondering if his performer was in some sort of accident which prevented him for performing the character 🤷

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I remember watching his videos a ton back in 2013 and 2014. I think he started reviewing the ABC muppet show episode-by-episode but then disappeared before he could finish.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I remember watching his videos a ton back in 2013 and 2014. I think he started reviewing the ABC muppet show episode-by-episode but then disappeared before he could finish.
Yeah, he talked about that show a lot. When he did his last video I assumed he just ran out of stuff to talk about since he appeared on the Toughpigs Fozzie Awards the following year. Then I wondered when he hadn't talked about any other major events after that like The Muppets at the Hollywood Bowl or the Muppet Babies reboot or anything else