The Muppets to open the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
That is awesome!

Although, I feel kinda sorry for the performers who have to pull double duty with Muppets and Sesame Street!
I have a feeling there will be a lot of extras. there's no way performers will be doing both floats/performances unless for some reason the Muppets segment is pre-recorded. My guess is they will get a lot of extra puppeteers for this.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That is awesome!
Although, I feel kinda sorry for the performers who have to pull double duty with Muppets and Sesame Street!
Yeah, like MelissaY1 said, both the Muppets and the Sesame Street performers have a lot of people to double for them.

Although, I like to think that maybe the SST and Muppet performers will have a nice little reunion before or after the parade.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was cool, but it seems like they only used Eric's and Bill's characters for that one. Hopefully we'll see Kermit and the rest of the gang during the actual parade.

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone know what channel it's going to be on? Some guides said CBS and others said NBC.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what channel it's going to be on? Some guides said CBS and others said NBC.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is on NBC.
CBS usually airs either highlights or some other local parades.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm sure Steve just wasn't available that day. They wouldn't do a parade without Kermit.
I don't know. I'm watching now and makes me wonder about his availability this month, since Kermit was there, but just singing along with the other Muppets. (Statler and Beaker's lines could have been pre-recorded.) But I'll keep watching and see if they'll give the frog more airtime. Or maybe Steve will surprise us and return to the role as Ernie in the "Sesame Street" segment. You never know. Kee hee hee hee! They announced Miss Piggy at the beginning, so maybe she'll show up again. I did like the "Hey, it's Macy's" song. Nice twist on a Classic Muppet song.

Status
Not open for further replies.