"The Muppets: The Pig with the Froggy Tattoo" Teaser Trailer Online

beaker

Reaction score
Also, looks like Scooter still has a thing for Stallone:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*sniffle*
Yes, I UNDERSTAND that the picture could be a screenshot from the movie (as in, MTM). However ... *sniffle* ... HOWEVER ... if that had been all a fantasy, the picture SHOULD NOT exist! *squees with utter delight in voice only dogs can hear* THEY HAVE A PICTURE! IT WAS REAL ... REAL, I TELL YOU! *faints*

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As much as I wish that was a grover cameo, it is in fact a clodhopper
Hate to be anal , but that (once again) is not a Clodhopper. They had yellow noses and were much flatter. It's just a regular monster. He was used in a Muppet Meeting Film ("Think Bigger") and on the cover of some Muppet computer book.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love the universe we live in, "just a regular monster". Nothing extraordinary, just some guy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Very cool and surprised they decided to do another parody one. Sorry, I hate to say it but that official full length trailer was terrible. I actually cringe whenever I see it...but the teaser trailers all rock in my view. They should just stuck to those
I think it's still a mixture of the tone and the clips used out of context. As I've said before, the official trailer doesn't have nearly the polish that these parody ones do, the Moopets were pretty confusingly added into the mix, and somehow it seemed like if they were trying to make the trailer a parody of general movie trailers, maybe I could see that... even the TV spot version was better than the movie trailer.

Of course, I went to a theater that just showed the Green with Envy one every time I saw a Kid's movie.

It seems these parody ones are geared towards the hard core, older fans while the general release one was cursed as being what family movie audiences want to see.

beaker

Reaction score
@Tooth: All I know is I go from a gut feeling, and something about the full trailer was off on all counts. And I hear the mahna mahna radio part was even taken out

Regarding the new trailer, most the talkbackers on AICN, even a lot of the cynics are blown away by this and seem genuinely excited. Just that, like a lot of us, they dont know too many people to go see it with.

Drtooth

Reaction score
@Tooth: All I know is I go from a gut feeling, and something about the full trailer was off on all counts. And I hear the mahna mahna radio part was even taken out
That was from the test screening, am I correct? Who knows if it's going to be there or not until we've seen it.

I've seen plenty of stuff that was in trailers that wasn't in the final film, but they were just like 2 second exchanges and lines that were only implied. I've been seeing rashes of trailers that don't quite make the movie look good on any counts, only putting in the loudest and dumbest sequences to get the attention of dumb little kids. One certain movie had all the worst sequences in the film in the trailer, and didn't come off as that terrible. Another movie, while not that good either, added farts, poops, and the wrong exchanges over and over. But then again, I've seen trailers where they put all the action sequences in the movie in them, and the rest of the film is long dialogue... you just don't know what the film really is about anymore.

Of course, I can safely say, the Yogi Bear trailer basically showed ALL the Yogi/BooBoo segments and didn't point out the mind crushingly generic Mary sue relationship bit, so it goes either way.

Still, I like to think of The Matrix as the worst trailer of a great movie I've ever seen. It emphasized the action sequences (poorly, I might add) without getting into the deeper meaning of the film.

Now that I think of it, most trailers suck anyway. Some get you excited, some are just clumsy... every single other trailer for this movie has been epic except for the official one. The clips in every other one are more interesting and more exciting... the one that wasn't a parody... I know what they were trying to go for, but they didn't capture it. Still, the test group's general consensus was that the film was good... the leaked sequence sounded amazing... so I'd just bet bad trailer on that one.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
As I said in my previous post, I think that Grover-like character is probably one of the Clodhoppers.

I'm also trying to identify the yellow-ish character slightly hidden behind Big Mean Carl. Looks like another whatnot or the Geri & the Atrics tamborine player.

And I think I see yet another hidden character hidden between Sam Eagle and the suitcase. Who could it be?
i think thats wanda

Beauregard

Reaction score
One of my favorite things gleaned from this fantasmagorical trailer is that the Moopets are in fact EVIL and that UD might turn out to be GOOD. I knew it! Cannot WAIT to see this film.