"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

TSSD

Reaction score
the trailer starts out a joke really advertising only Jason Segal and Amy Adams as a lovey couple celebreating their trip to los angels and just when you think the trailer is over and you pass it off as another romantic comedy does Kermit show up...there are not of story spoiling moments in it the the scenes they picked definately give off the good old fashioned muppet vibe....and you guess it full body muppets in some moments ala Gonzo ripping his shirt open Superman Style and even a nod to the original muppet movie. Crazy harry ends the trailer with an explosion and one liner. i cant wait and nov 23 cant come any sooner...you bet i will find this trailer asap even if i have to pay for it.
God, that sounds awesome!

kymie

Reaction score
I have rooted around today and was told The Muppets wont be released in the UK until February 2012 :frown: I shall got back into lurkdom til then xx

Beauregard

Reaction score
Don't lurk...Hang out with me! I'm in the same boat (not literally...I'm not Closer than you think, the Muppets are) but, all us Brits have to wait for Valentines' before we get to see it! I just CANNOT imagine how I will be able to do it!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Only a matter of time before someone pirates it to Youtube -- or the official thing is released online! Yay! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
So why couldn't they have released this teaser last holiday season? In fact I and others on here awhile back said that a good idea for a trailer would be joke on the audience: have what looks like your typical rom-com bromance trailer that will appeal to the Paul Rudd/Segal/etc audience. And at the very end, have a Muppet come into the scene.

They should have already had a teaser out for some time, and now be showing the first trailer(most big movies get a teaser, then three trailers)

Anyways, glad it's finally out...though sounds pretty short. Given all the reviews make POTC4 out to be a total mess and borderline horrible, I'm not sure I can justify the $11-$15 to see it.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I personally didn't think PotC4 was horrible... I enjoyed it. Do i feel it was as good as the others? Well, this one was def a stand alone film. You could have never seen the first 3 and completely understood this one. To what i recall, there were no mentions of the other film's adventures.

On with the promo.

The promo was awesome tho. As i mentioned elsewhere, it was the only trailer to get an applause from the audience... Something which was unexpected... but there seems to be a lot of ppl excited and interested.

beaker

Reaction score
The promo was awesome tho. As i mentioned elsewhere, it was the only trailer to get an applause from the audience... Something which was unexpected... but there seems to be a lot of ppl excited and interested.[/COLOR]
I can imagine. Deep down I think everyone is a Muppet fan...least everyone has a favorite Muppet. In fact, this trailer is going to shock people...as most assumed the Muppets were dead. Also more shocking: this isn't a cgi over live action revival fan.

Disney is counting on this to bring out that inner magic people naturally feel when they see or hear the Muppins.