The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Thor

Reaction score
The episode was great! The Gonzo scenes tied in well with the Scooter scenes and the Piggy scenes, so it didn't feel like there were any stand-alone plots. For me, it is disappointing that there is no Fozzie (at least a brief scene). All the other major characters were in it, but Denise and Becky weren't. There were some lines that had me laughing so loud - Kermit has one involving the FDA, and Uncle Deadly is, as always, hilarious. And Lips has a few lines! One of the best episodes yet!

Muppy

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I really don't like they way they're handling Fozzie in this series. The first few episodes he was tolerable, but eventually he just became plain mean and really stupid. The new writers need to realize that Fozzie isn't just a bear that tells bad jokes. That's not his shtick. What Fozzie does, is he tries to tell the best jokes he can and all he wants are some people to find him funny. He at least tries to tell good jokes, and when he does tell a bad one, he realizes how bad it was. He also never used to attack other people just for a laugh (I'm talking about how he made fun of Becky's sweating. Where did that even come from?).

I think for multiple characters (Fozzie mainly, and to some extent Scooter, even though I love how he's being handled) the writers need to realize that they have more than just one defining trait. Fozzie isn't just a bad comedian. Scooter isn't just a mamma's boy (he never was ... But I'm fine with him being a little bit of one). The Electric Mayhem were never just stoners. Now for some reason every time there's an appearance of Janice, she talks all spiritual and stuff. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the characters have more personalities than the one they get on the show. Why don't they show other sides to the characters? Why don't they show us more classic character elements, while building upon their existing known characteristics.

I know the writers have the ability to do it. Heck, they've already started to show new sides to Piggy, Kermit and others, while also bringing back some old elements like Scooter being faithful to Kermit, and helping with the show, or in the latest episode, Gonzo relives his daredevil past.

To me, "the muppets." Is an almost perfect show. All they need to do, is make the characters feel like the Muppets again.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
This episode was fantastic! 'Too Hot to Handler' was a bit of a disappointment, but I was so pleased with this one! Kermit was on-point, Piggy was tolerable, Scooter was great and LIPS HAD SO MANY LINES!!!

And Uncle Deadly was, of course, da bomb.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I really don't like they way they're handling Fozzie in this series. The first few episodes he was tolerable, but eventually he just became plain mean and really stupid. The new writers need to realize that Fozzie isn't just a bear that tells bad jokes. That's not his shtick. What Fozzie does, is he tries to tell the best jokes he can and all he wants are some people to find him funny. He at least tries to tell good jokes, and when he does tell a bad one, he realizes how bad it was. He also never used to attack other people just for a laugh (I'm talking about how he made fun of Becky's sweating. Where did that even come from?).
To be perfectly honest, while there were some moments where Fozzie was close enough for close in a couple of the post-Jim projects, things really got bad after MTI. Now, there's an excuse for MTI having him written as playing and idiot. Come MFS, he became an idiot. I'm not going through that whole rant again, but much like Kermit and Piggy, they could have done the entire movie without him. But they shoved him in, made him a mama's boy, and used him to make potty and booger jokes, sounding like a simpleton all the way. I'd say VMX got him almost spot on, and he was great in TM, but kinda dumb in MMW, but at least that has the excuse of the entire cast being dealt the idiot ball for the sake of brutally slaughtering that trope.

I'd say this show has a 50/50 success rate with Fozzie. Bear Write was well done, and the scene with Statler in the hospital was a great long time coming gag. I'm mixed about the mocking his girlfriend bit. Comedians do tell dumb jokes like that, though it comes off a little like the Spongebob "Squirrel Jokes" episode. And somehow, the idea of Fozzie learning that insult comedy can be hurtful, even if it was done with no malice, seems like something that should have been covered in Muppet Babies.

That said, the "stoner" Electric Mayhem was one throw away joke (one that hit in the pitch pilot, but landed with a clumsy thud in the show). At worst, they turned Zoot into Ralph Wiggum. And I'll agree they need to stop making illadjusted mama's boy jokes with Scooter, not so much that it's insulting, but rather repetitive.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And somehow, the idea of Fozzie learning that insult comedy can be hurtful, even if it was done with no malice, seems like something that should have been covered in Muppet Babies.
Uh yeah, lol. Do the writers really think that sentiment is somehow more "adult" than The Muppet Show? You know that show with exchanges like this:

Fozzie: You see, my problem was my need to tell jokes.
Floyd: Yeah! And that was our problem, too!

Muppy

Reaction score
Promo for episode 10 "Single All the Way"!

I'll be happy if Miss Piggy and Kermit get back together, as it will be a nice completion to this 10 episode story arc ... But I can't help but think that they didn't use Denise to her full potential. What will happen to her if Piggy and Kermit get back together?

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Promo for episode 10 "Single All the Way"!

I'll be happy if Miss Piggy and Kermit get back together, as it will be a nice completion to this 10 episode story arc ... But I can't help but think that they didn't use Denise to her full potential. What will happen to her if Piggy and Kermit get back together?
I also really hope we figure out what the heck happened to Camilla and what Janice and floyds relationship is and see if Floyd finds out about Sams obsession for her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gonzo's been on again off again with Camilla since the 90's. They just weren't a thing from MCC to MT. A certain telefilm I'm always attacking got one thing right. It reunited the two. Then they were apart for LTS, then they were back together in TM, only to be de-united with the latest show.

It's very hard to follow when Gonzo's character keeps changing slightly back and forth. I can understand the reasoning for not doing it in this show, but it's not like this hasn't happened before.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gonzo's been on again off again with Camilla since the 90's.
They've been on again off again since 1984. That "I think we're engaged" line in MTM, you can tell he's ambivalent about the idea, lol.