The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Hmm I always saw them as a couple with an open relationship no matter what I'll forever be a Floyd and Janice shipper

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
How so? Just curious.

Hmm, fair enough, I can where it could go both ways.

Well traditionally the contentious thing stemmed from the "Will they/Won't they?" dynamic they had. The more they fought, the more you knew they were meant for each other, lol.
Well, Kermit's excuse - this time - for breaking up with Piggy is she's constantly looking for attention. Which, yes, I could see as being annoying, but that discounts the fact that Kermit is also a star and I can't see people not wanting to stop for a hug or something.

I just don't see Janice and Floyd having some huge break up fight. I see them, I don't know, looking at each other day and saying, "is this still working you? Nah. Wanna break up? Okay" and that's that. Then months or whatever later, "hey, wanna get back together? Sure."

I just see them as going back and forth, but more in a friendlier kind of way and really, like K+P, they spend a lot of time together, so them falling out/back in love isn't as shocking or surprising.

Not to say that K+P have ever fallen out of love with each other; but yes, the will they/won't they was and has been finally settled in to a 'yes, they did' (back with the Muppets 2011 and us seeing the fall out in this new show). Also, as a Piggy fan, I just can't see this as a 'all Piggy's fault', when we know Kermit isn't a big romantic endeavor expressor which is why I hope his relationship with Denise makes him grow up a little.

I can totally see him doing what anyone in a long term couple does, forgetting all those little things that made you fall in love in the first place, I just think - like many couples - they let it go for far too long and if they do get back together (please, oh please!) it'll only be after they've dated other people and have been friends with each other.

If this goes past this first season, I actually don't see them getting back together until (fingers crossed) season 3 or 4, assuming the show goes that long.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As for Denise... Early pilot speculation was that she was a recycled version of Spamela, and that would have been fine going forward as someone else pointed out that "Denise" is Pamela Anderson's middle name, thus furthering the nature of the Muppet parody. But now that she's been given more character definition in last week's episode... What with her being a redhead and wearing glasses, it's as if someone drew inspiration for her design from Lydia the Tattooed Lady from TMS. And yet, Denise is making me think of her as a pig Muppet version of Annie Potts.

There you have it, my Muppet celebrity charicature theory of the day. :skeptical:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey has the show aired in Canada yet? Details please!!!

Muppy

Reaction score
Yes the show has started. Why?

btw this is a great episode! And Fozzie is barely in it! YAY! (I never thought I would say that ... but tbh I've had enough of him)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yes the show has started. Why?

btw this is a great episode! And Fozzie is barely in it! YAY! (I never thought I would say that ... but tbh I've had enough of him)
Yay for two Fozzie-lite episodes in a row!

Last edited: