The Muppets SPOILER Thread

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a tweet I just got from Kristin Newman. Since hearing about the "reboot" and the change in showrunners, I've been worried if the show might be drastically different as I've been really enjoying what it's become in these first 10 episodes.

Scooter being my favourite muppet, I've been so overjoyed and surprised with just how much he's been used in the show and while the Mama's boy jokes are starting to wear thin, I have been loving the character development. The scenes he's had so far and the amount of Scooter we've had is something I never expected with this show - or ever to be honest, considering how little he'd been used up until the last few years.

I was worried that the "reboot" and change in showrunners might also undo the progress they've made with Scooter and if he'd be pushed back into a sort of semi-regular role again. After seeing a tweet by Kristin Newman posted in this thread, I thought I'd send a tweet to her:

Will there still be a lot of Scooter in ep 11 onwards? I've been really loving how much he's been used and developed so far

This is the reply I've just now got from her!:

I love Scooter and he shall remain on TV and anti-Ken!

:smile::fanatic:

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I see in that picture that was posted that Dr. Teeth is seen without his hat. In the last few years, we've occasionally seen Dr. Teeth hat-less, something that hadn't really occurred before the action figure came out (and we started seeing that with the puppet several years after the figure). And yet in the few times we've seen Dr. Teeth without his hat, his head is always shown at an angle where we can't see if he has the bald spot that the figure had. I assume he does, but it'd be great to know if the puppet has it.

So this new show has shown The Swedish Chef without his hat for the majority of one episode (and he was shown without it in Single All the Way, though he's only briefly shown then), which isn't something we hadn't seen before, just something rare. And it looks like Dr. Teeth will be seen without his hat on the show. And we saw adult Scooter without his glasses for the first time ever. I wonder what next. Will we see Zoot without his sunglasses? Will the hot tub scene or episode show The Swedish Chef without his shirt? Considering the Chef has human hands, I think it would be weird to see his arms uncovered (I know, he'd probably be given Muppet hands if such an instance happens, but I still think it'd be a little weird).

I only saw the end of the mini-marathon today, but there was a brief preview for the upcoming retooled episodes.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has heard, but tonight on ABC there was a Muppet Marathon in which 4 episodes of the series were all aired in a row: "Pig's in a Blackout", "The Ex-Factor", "Going, Going, Gonzo", and "Single All the Way".

A couple times, they aired a promo a few times announcing the series' return on February 2. There wasn't much mentioned about the plot, but there are a couple things I saw and thought would be worth mentioning here. For one thing, it looks like Miss Piggy just got dreadlocks. Secondly, in another shot, I thought I saw a glimpse of a certain character that we've been really wanting to see on the show...OK yes, I'm referring to Walter! :fanatic:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has heard, but tonight on ABC there was a Muppet Marathon in which 4 episodes of the series were all aired in a row: "Pig's in a Blackout", "The Ex-Factor", "Going, Going, Gonzo", and "Single All the Way".

A couple times, they aired a promo a few times announcing the series' return on February 2. There wasn't much mentioned about the plot, but there are a couple things I saw and thought would be worth mentioning here. For one thing, it looks like Miss Piggy just got dreadlocks. Secondly, in another shot, I thought I saw a glimpse of a certain character that we've been really wanting to see on the show...OK yes, I'm referring to Walter! :fanatic:
Does anyone have videos of those promos?

Muppy

Reaction score
Darn, I really don't want Walter back. As long as he doesn't take the spotlight away from the real main characters, I'll be fine.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

Yeah, I caught that promo. Don't remember seeing Walter, but I'm pretty sure I saw Lew Zealand.:fishy:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Darn, I really don't want Walter back. As long as he doesn't take the spotlight away from the real main characters, I'll be fine.
I always found Walter kind of annoying. But I hope he comes back so the writers could develop his character more, but still leave space for other characters to shine.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I really like Walter, but I'm not sure what could be done with him. His story arc seemed finished once the credits for the 2011 movie began to roll. In future productions, I felt his presence was a tad forced. In other words, I got this sense of "we have to feature Walter now because of how much he had to do in TM11."

But at least give Peter another character to perform. His name is in the opening credits, for goodness sakes!

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I really like Walter, but I'm not sure what could be done with him. His story arc seemed finished once the credits for the 2011 movie began to roll. In future productions, I felt his presence was a tad forced. In other words, I got this sense of "we have to feature Walter now because of how much he had to do in TM11."

But at least give Peter another character to perform. His name is in the opening credits, for goodness sakes!
Yeah, I didn't really like how Animal and Walter were the only Muppets who noticed something different about Kermit. Fozzie is his best friend, Piggy dated him for years, and shouldn't Rowlf have been able to smell the difference?