The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Holy carp, the puppetry effects for her musical number were some literally some of the best in Muppet history. Like, no joke. Yeah, it's just CG-ing out Eric, but dang, that looked incredible.
If there's one thing that was sorely missing from the show, it was a scene like that. They proved they can get a musical number into the series, an original one at that. I want to see more of that in the future. I especially like how it was Piggy's crowning moment of awesome. The theme of this episode is characters who need a win. And while the beginning of the episode was mostly the same Piggy schtick we've seen before (that I reiterate I was never a fan of even when they did it good), the part with her breaking down, feeling shame, feeling like a loser because things weren't going right for her since the break up, and then out doing Reese by trolling her with that amazing apology number really turned what would have been a predictable Piggyfest into something special.

I don't think there was anything super bad but the scenes with Fozzie and his girlfriend were a little bit mean spirited.
While I don't completely agree I must admit, I was a little concerned. It was clearly not out of malice, and it was pretty much Fozzie's character to flounder around with desperate comedy. Still, it felt a little off. Until, of course, they got to the consequences. Had Fozzie been a karma Houdini here, I'd be a bit concerned. They could have just ended the B story right at the comedy club, but having his girlfriend show him how uncomfortable she felt balanced that out. What they did at the end, however, really made that plot sing. Realizing that laughter is that important to Fozzie, and while his jokes weren't the source of malice, the hecklers' comments were.

Seriously, if it wasn't for those little end caps and asides, this episode wouldn't have been good. Piggy addressing her character flaws, Fozzie ditching the only humor the audience likes out of knowing what he did was wrong, his girlfriend realizing she needs a sense of humor and that comedians do this often.... those little subtle moments flipped the script of this series. We desperately need more of those.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I definitely picked up on it all through The Muppet Show (not looking for it at all, but it was pretty unmissable), though it seemed more that Bunsen had an unrequited crush on Beaker, and Beaker was bewildered by it. But then he's bewildered by just about everything, so it's hard to tell.
Jeez, I never even thought about it once...

The impression I got was that they were more like a kid with his pet mouse or something.

The more I think about, the more I could see it being a one-way crush (Bunsen on Beaker), but then why he would torture him is beyond me. He should be bringing him flowers instead of making his pants explode.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So I'm full to bursting in that, has anyone else seen the promo for this Tuesday's episode!?

Must. Discuss. With. Someone!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Yes this next show is going to be a huge show!
I'm hoping it's a good Piggy episode, cause the signs are all there for this going really well - either Piggy bows out gracefully or she admits that this relationship is the hardest thing she has to watch.

Overall I'm hoping it'll be a good K+P episode - while I'm convinced K+D aren't going to last long, I'm still hopeful that their relationship works out for someone, namely K+P. I think these new need to remember what it was like to be friends - if they were ever that - as well as just being comfortable with each other that doesn't include them dating.

I really want to see Piggy's feelings on the matter - we already know she hates Denise, but I'm convinced it's more about her dating Kermit than anything else. Piggy's never been happy when someone has even flirted with Kermit, now for her to just let him date someone else doesn't sit well with her, so I'm hoping either for a 'Piggy stamps down her hurt and let's it go because Denise makes Kermit happy' or a 'Piggy confesses that she just can't handle the fact that he's dating someone else'

For Kermit...you know, this may sound horrible, but I'm hoping the same commitment phobic stance he had with Piggy comes back with Denise, proving that yes, Kermit, you are a horrible boyfriend. Not to say that Piggy doesn't share some of what went wrong (which I think is more than just Piggy likes to photobomb people), but I also don't think Kermit's completely blameless either. It's only since becoming an adult his attitude about getting married seems so very...childish.

Especially when it's clear that the only time he ever mentioned a desire to not get married was when he was screaming it Piggy during an argument. Obviously, he wants to get married (if several movies haven shown and proven) so what, Frog, is your deal? You want to get married or you don't, pick a side.

Okay, I may have a little sadistic glee in seeing Denise break up with him for the same reasons or better, breaks up with him for the same reasons he broke up with Piggy.

Tangent, much! Let's just say I have high hopes for this episode!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Same here we have really only seen two sides of Piggy mad or overly happy, but we have yet to see a sad or struggling hurting pig. It seems to me in this show that Kermit could honestly care less about Piggy's feelings. Which in some ways is a side of Kermit I really don't like. Because I honestly thought that no matter what the other would do they both really cared about the others feelings.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Remember when Harry Belafonte was told "a certain kind of anger never could work in the Muppet world, no matter what kind of mischief you were reacting to, because the characters are incapable of acting in a truly immoral way"?

Someone needs to explain that to these writers.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Did the new episode have any characters that we haven't seen on the series before, especially in terms of obscure characters?
The fifth episode had Beauregard who has not been on the show yet, he was only in the background, hopefully he gets to have a storyline.