The Muppets premiering on Disney Channel and ABC Family in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
The Muppets makes it regular TV premieres on Disney Channel as part of its "Janewary" celebration and ABC Family on January 5th at 8:00pm and 10pm.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So what's "Janewary"? My first guess was a month-long tribute to Jane Henson.

I'm not surprised that The Muppets will be broadcast on The Disney Channel and ABC Family, especially after learning yesterday that The Muppet Movie will air on ABC Family in January.

And you know, with Muppets Most Wanted coming out in March, it would be great if one of those channels would have a "Muppet March" (nice aliteration, eh?). They could reair The Muppet Show as well as all the Muppet movies and specials Disney can (except maybe the Christmas ones).

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Janeweary is an annual Disney Channel celebration where they air new premieres throughout the month of January. This year's promo confirmed that The Muppets network premiere will be a part of it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So what's "Janewary"? My first guess was a month-long tribute to Jane Henson.

I'm not surprised that The Muppets will be broadcast on The Disney Channel and ABC Family, especially after learning yesterday that The Muppet Movie will air on ABC Family in January.

And you know, with Muppets Most Wanted coming out in March, it would be great if one of those channels would have a "Muppet March" (nice aliteration, eh?). They could reair The Muppet Show as well as all the Muppet movies and specials Disney can (except maybe the Christmas ones).
Or do like Nick did on Sunday afternoons and post a lot of there old specials. Even if they just aired Muppets Tonight I would be happy.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I want the GMC too! I don't know why they have to show MTI. It's an ok movie but i like the classic two but really my favorite of all is MTM. That's the one i grew up on the most but GMC would come in first then MTM. Cool to see them showing these movies back to back. Hope there's some interactionin between the movies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Don't know how I feel about them showing The Muppets twice back-to-back while leaving out The Great Muppet Caper (but I'll forgive them for not showing Muppets from Space, and understand them not showing The Muppet Christmas Carol out of season).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
ABC Family routinely airs double-dips of the movie they premiere on either Saturday or Sunday nights. They did last year when Despicable Me made its network debut during their 2012 25 Days of Christmas promotion. Would prefer TGMC along with TMTM, TMM, and TM but I'm still definitely tuning in for the Muppet-thon next week. :big_grin:

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
The Disney Channel premiere of The Muppets (2011) is January 12th at 8 p.m

Status
Not open for further replies.