The Muppets on QVC Wednesday night

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, that Kermit and the Muppets will be appearing on QVC during the show "For Race Fans Only" this evening promoting the NASCAR Muppet cars from 8-10 pm central/9-11 pm eastern.

Special thanks to Lynnette for the news!

Let us know what you think about the appearance.

towels

Reaction score
It's one of those 24 Hr Cable Shopping Channels.
Too bad I didn't read the reminder on this until it was over.
"I missed it by this much"

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
anyone remember to watch it?!?

was Rowlf there?

Zack)Rowlf the, did he say anything?Dog.

Ryan

Reaction score
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Total boredom. they only showed 5 30 second or so segments featured Piggy, Pepe, and Kermit. It was mostly for the racers. The Piggy spots were really good, though. But, not worth 2 hours of wicked-weird race fans. Sorry Zack, no sign of Rowlf anywhere. Which reminds me, I still have your hat :stick_out_tongue:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One thing that was interesting was how they were going on about how huge the Muppet tie-in is for NASCAR. From the commentators to Dale Jarret to Bobby Labonte, they all commented how this was the biggest character tie-in NASCAR has ever done.

It was also neat to see the actual Muppet race cars up close in fine detail.

Lynnette

Reaction score
I struggled through the first hour and then had to escape the sales pitch. Did learn more about what a big deal it is for these companies who sponsor race drivers to give up precious ad space on the race cars so The Muppet Show 25th Anniversary themes could be painted on 12 drivers' cars. Apparently, it's a big thing to choreograph. These paint jobs will only be used in one race, Sunday at Chicagoland.

Anyway, using the QVC ad as a guide, I expect to see more Muppets during the actual race on NBC.

-Lynnette