The Muppets on "I Love the 70s"

DigitalBohemian

Reaction score
Does anyone else really like that singer Jason Mraz now? He was talking about how The Muppet Movie is one of his favorite all time movies, and he was doing a great version of The Rainbow Connection. I like him!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw a bit of an episode a week ago (at someone's house, I don't have cable) and they did a segment on Fat Albert. I diodn't here any Nasty Comments on that. They were all quite good. They made a crack about the sock cap on Dumb Donald's head... that was it!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just in case anyone cares, I recorded the '76 bit on the show and the '79 bit on the movie, as well as some stuff of Kermit commenting on slime and Bo Derek. If anyone's interested in setting up a trade or anything, please let me know. Thanks. Take care.

-Squigiman

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Just caught and taped the Muppet Movie segment on I (heart) '79. I have to admit it was kind of strange (and bittersweet) to hear Jim's Kermit and Steve's Kermit both singing "Rainbow Connection" at the same time. It was almost like they were doing a duet with each other. And Kermit's comments on the movie were a hoot. "The only parts that aren't true are the stuff we made up."

*snickers*

-Kim

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
I loved I love the 80's but I was so happy to see kermit and the muppets in the 76 segment and the 79 segment was sooooooooo cute i was about to cry when I heard kermit sing the rainbow connection. But my fav was "cut me adrean"
love,
Scarlett`

WiGgY

Reaction score
I only saw the 1976 episode because I figured that would be the only one worth watching but I had no idea that Sesame Street was featured on the 1970 episode nor did I know about the Muppet Movie in the 1979 one. I have to see these now! I hope it's not too late.

So Steve sang Rainbow Connection with Jim from the Muppet Movie? That's something to see and hear. Also that comment Skeeter Muppet quoted, "The only parts that aren't true are the stuff we made up." is hilarious. I say stuff like that all the time :big_grin:

kenobikenobi

Reaction score
Rainbow Connection

I missed all this! I'm dying to hear "Rainbow Connection" though... Would it be possible for someone to record it and put it up for those who missed it? :smile: