The Muppets nominated for KCA

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If the show was meant to be for adults, how is it nominated for a Kids Choice Award?

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
If the show was meant to be for adults, how is it nominated for a Kids Choice Award?
Modern Family was nominated, too. Also, the official logline of the show is;

"The Muppets return to prime time with a contemporary, documentary-style show that—for the first time ever—will explore the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships, both at home and at work, as well as romances, break-ups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires; a more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages."

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
So happy to hear that they won! Maybe after that there is a slight chance of ABC giving it another chance with a second season.

But I hate how Spongebob won AGAIN! Granted it was so obviously rigged years ago but around 13 wins in a row is enough. Gravity Falls or Steven Universe deserved to win for best cartoon.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't believe Spongebob won again, well I can but, yeah i've suspected that it's been rigged for a long time. I mean come on, The Thundermans won for favorite series,REALLY?!? Okay granted the other shows that were nominated were not the best shows in the world but still,I find Girl Meets World and Henry Danger to be much better shows. The Thundermans seems to have very little effort put into it at all.

tedbear

Reaction score
But I hate how Spongebob won AGAIN! Granted it was so obviously rigged years ago but around 13 wins in a row is enough. Gravity Falls or Steven Universe deserved to win for best cartoon.
It does say "winners are determined by voter preferences and other considerations", which is absolute crap. Spongebob only probably wins every year because of the fact it's a Nick show. In fact, the only time it hasn't won in 15 years was to Avatar, which is actually ok, but even then it was still Nick. Gravity Falls deserved to win this year, not only because it ended this year, but it has the most amount of heart I've ever seen put into a cartoon show.

However, I am surprised The Muppets actually did win. Maybe the award could be used to persuade the folks over at ABC to renew the series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It does say "winners are determined by voter preferences and other considerations", which is absolute crap. Spongebob only probably wins every year because of the fact it's a Nick show. In fact, the only time it hasn't won in 15 years was to Avatar, which is actually ok, but even then it was still Nick. Gravity Falls deserved to win this year, not only because it ended this year, but it has the most amount of heart I've ever seen put into a cartoon show.
Been saying that for years. Now, I love Spongebob and everything, but it's not even the best cartoon on the network, even currently (there's at least general consensus that Harvey Beaks and TMNT are well done shows). I am by no means surprised that kids who watch the network and vote on the network's shows would hand the award over to the thing that they play pretty much anytime there isn't a preschool show or tween-com on. Though you'd think if that's the case, Alvin and the Chipmunks would probably have won.

So, the Muppets winning the award...uh.....Kudos I think? At least it means someone's watching, I guess? I agree with the sentiment that they went out of their way to make the Muppets look like a kiddy franchise by shoehorning in some uncomfortable humor, only for it to get grand acclaim at an awards show for those 13 years and younger. It was getting a little more family friendly about halfway through, you can't deny that. Still, they wanted this show to be their big TV comeback by not trying to look like that one kiddy show on the network's prime time line up. Not that I couldn't see kids watching it, though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wait, a show that isn't produced by Nick won the KCA? And it's the muppets., of all things?!

Holy crap, I think I just saw a flying pig! And scientists will unveil the cures for AIDS and cancer! And Disney's even thinking about releasing an official DVD of Song of the South in the U.S.! :smile: