The Muppets - Interesting Print Find

rrb

Reaction score
Hello All, I am hoping for some assistance from Muppet fans around the world.

My father recently purchased an antique desk from a company in Scotland. When inspecting the desk on delivery he found hidden in the bottom what appears to be original Muppets drawings for either a run of posters or potentially title screens. There are a total of 30 drawings all slightly different. They are in perfect condition although the paper has obvioulsy aged. In addition to this there are 2 Bugs Bunny drawings.

We would like to find out more, does anyone have any suggestions? They could be worthless but equally they could be a valuable piece of the muppets history.

Thanks in advance

R

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi,

What an interesting find. If you are able to put pics or scans of the images so we can see them it would be very helpful??

Im sure fans would be interested in these, I know I am!?

If you are unable to post pics and links please email any pics to me and I will post them on here for you.

COcon14675@aol.com

Chris

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Whoah, great find!

I don't even know what your best bet would be in trying to find out about these. Perhaps contacting the JHC, but then maybe they would want them? Dunno. If only Martin Baker was still with us, I'm sure he'd know exactly what these pictures were.

Good luck in your search!
:smile:
Anthony

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Whoah, great find!

I don't even know what your best bet would be in trying to find out about these. Perhaps contacting the JHC, but then maybe they would want them? Dunno. If only Martin Baker was still with us, I'm sure he'd know exactly what these pictures were.

Good luck in your search!
:smile:
Anthony
Stupid me, I meant Jerry Juhl (Rest in Peace). Martin Baker is, of course, still "with us", and I think he'd know too!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Im sure fans would be interested in these, I know I am!?
yeah me too, I would love to see these drawings rrb

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks for the image, I have uploaded it at the link below,

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/muppetshowprint.jpg

As it is in reverse, and as my memory serves me, this image was used on a range of St Micheal (Marks & Spencer) kids clothing range in the late 70's, I had pyjamas and a T-Shirt. It also looks very similar to a coloring-in picture in the second, 1978 Muppet Show Annual, not handy to check it at the mo!

It may be that these images are from a licensor, such as M&S!!

Are they all of the same image, or are they different??

Chris

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Thanks for the image, I have uploaded it at the link below,

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/muppetshowprint.jpg

As it is in reverse, and as my memory serves me, this image was used on a range of St Micheal (Marks & Spencer) kids clothing range in the late 70's, I had pyjamas and a T-Shirt. It also looks very similar to a coloring-in picture in the second, 1978 Muppet Show Annual, not handy to check it at the mo!

It may be that these images are from a licensor, such as M&S!!

Are they all of the same image, or are they different??

Chris
Thanks for the picture.

It looks like an old unused transfer to me :confused:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a great find, no matter how much it's actually worth!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Transfer, thats the word I was looking for!!

Chris