The Muppets in Wreck-It Ralph sequel?

DMHFan

Reaction score
Why should they be with Disney no matter what? You'd rather the Muppets be with Disney and do nothing than, say, be sold to Dreamworks and start making content again?

Disney owning the Muppets feels nice. The idea that they will have financial support and longevity is great. But that is not what is happening. Disney tried relaunching the brand a few times, but they just cant do it. Instead of holding on to them, Disney needs to let them go to a company that can focus on them and walk the like between family friendly and irreverent humor, or start doing it themselves.
They should be with Disney no matter what because 5 of the Muppet movies were produced by them and the first two now belong to them. So don't get me wrong, but Disney should own The Muppets, Bear in the Big Blue House, Star Wars, Marvel, and Wander Over Yander, no matter what. They really should.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I would just be sad to see the Muppets removed from Disney Parks, but isn't that kinda gradually happening anyway? Remember they removed the Kermit water tower so it wouldn't be visible from Avatar land.

In the event they were sold, I'd imagine 3D would still be in the parks, since that was pre-merger, but as sad as it is, I honestly think Disney wouldn't mind a reason to remove that and replace it with a flavor of the month (e.g. Frozen).