The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I feel like this episode just took all the complaints from all the reviews, and literally gave everyone what they wanted, this was just a spot on episode. The heart was there, the music was there, the muppet slapstick was there, it was just perfect in all ways, the ending was just nice, no someone throwing something at Kermit, no falling into the pond, just giving a head nod. Rowlf was at his best here, just hilarious, and everything else was just great. The subplot with it ending up as Gonzo comforted Scooter was just the best. Sam's crush on Janice is just hilarious as well. Overal this has been one of the strongest episodes of the show, and I hope the critcs and ratings show that.

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Yay! It's totally funny again! :excited: I think I'm going to watch this show more often now. ( I hope it stays this silly. :stick_out_tongue: )

chudman1000

Reaction score
I don't know how much more I can say that already hasn't been said several times in this thread. I loved this episode, with all the classic Muppet madness and heart. I loved how Rowlf and Kermit's talk at the piano was very reflective of their talk in The Muppet Movie, and I loved the use of Rainbow Connection at the end. (Side note: Although even though I love Rainbow Connection to death, it starting to feel like it's been getting overused a little, at least since the "comeback" in "The Muppets" movie. It might be nice to hear Kermit sing "Bein Green" for a change, as it feels like its been more of a while for that one. )

I do have to say though, that when Gonzo told Scooter that he believed in him, am I the only one who almost half expected them to break into song with "Just One Person"? Lol.

ploobis

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it look like Big Mean Carl was re-built in this episode?

terrimonster

Reaction score
This was definitely better. The Muppets felt more like Muppets than people, which is one thing the show has been missing. And there were plenty of scenes where you could not just substitute the cast of The Office.

Add me to those who are not fans of cursing Muppets, but I feel like Rowlf is the one who can get away with what he said. It somehow sounds even more mild from him. I kept thinking he was going to launch into a short Rowlf-esque song, which would have been the only thing that would have improved what was already a great episode.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Add me to those who are not fans of cursing Muppets, but I feel like Rowlf is the one who can get away with what he said. It somehow sounds even more mild from him. I kept thinking he was going to launch into a short Rowlf-esque song, which would have been the only thing that would have improved what was already a great episode.
Yeah. Steve and Bill so could have done "I Hope Something Better Comes Along." I sort of agree with what you said about cursing Muppets, it is better to hear it from Rowlf than from Kermit or Piggy. Though Kermit did say "he**" in the pilot episode, well, not the pilot but you know what I mean. After all, Rowlf was silent for quite some time after Henson's death and he is sort of just coming back into the spotlight. We need to give him a chance. Lol.

LinkLady77

Reaction score
Wow...best episode so far!! I like how Rowlf shows more of his "dogginess" in this series (chomping on a shoe or biting stitches from surgery). It would be funny to see more of this in other characters who are animal based...like Miss Piggy snorting heartily while gobbling a dessert in her dressing room or Sam the Eagle letting out a squawk when something extreme shocks him. Seeing more minor characters in the background always makes me smile, too!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sigh, ratings fell to an all time low last night.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/t...the-boat-the-flash-limitless-the-voice-39742/

It got a 1.2 down from a 1.4 last episode, and from its low of 1.3, though it can hopefully adjust up to a 1.3 in the finals. Overal, pretty sad, hopefully good will from this episode leads to a ratings bump next week. I just hope it can at least get a season 2 renewal, Galavant and American Crime got renewed with a 0.9 rating each, and the other shows didn't do much better (sheild and fresh got a 1.3 each barely any better) I hope it was just an off night.