The Muppets Episode 16 - Because...Love

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Because...Love"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you seen any of these laugh track sitcoms recently, Dr. Ken, Last Man Standing, The Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, those are awful sitcoms that rely on an annoying laugh track cranked up to the highest volume to make it even worse.
Each of those shows you mentioned are audience sitcoms, not laugh track sitcoms ( though they may employ additional laughter from a laugh track for sweetneing, or maintain continuity).
Single cam comedies actually develop good characters and have oppurtunity to have heartfelt moments without a laugh track interferring.
There really aren't good characters anymore these days, which is one of the points I've made in the past, and this is a common complaint about TV today, is that most characters on TV today are unlikeable jerks who care nothing about what conflicts they may cause or who they may wrong . . . and that was even a complaint about this show for a while, that the characters were "too mean." The networks are even admitting right now they want another Archie Bunker on TV.
Now, while laugh track sitcoms worked in the past, these days they rely on unfunny jabs at some other character followed by ten seconds of laughter as if that will make it good.
That's because sitcoms in the past were well-written: as outlandish and silly as many of them may have been, they were at least solid and had entertaining stories with engaging situations that were genuinely funny . . . writers today always go for the lowest common denominator when it comes to humor because they just want to get as many quick, cheap laughs as possible, hence why we see a lot of lowbrow, juvenile, toilet humor on TV and in movies today. In fact, TV critics often SEINFELD as being the last truly well-written show TV ever saw; I can agree with that - I've seen very little on TV since with structured storytelling and engaging characters, with the possible exception of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I hope we get to see Miss Poogy in an episode of the show eventually, as well as Blind Pew, One-Eyed Jack, Black Dog, and Walleye Pike. It was nice to see Zippity Zap back by the way after years of not being active.
Yeah. I caught Old Tom or was it Real Old Tom? I get those two mixed up. I know it wasn't Dead Tom. Lol.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Watching this episode now, can't wait to read this thread through when I'm done. High expectations, cuz episode 15 was fanTASTIC!!! :big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH!!! :excited: So SO good!! Pizza's exit due to everything with Rizzo & Co. was cool, hopefully the network president will be happy with what Kermit decided to do and return full control (for FUTURE shows, please ABC?!?). Loved seeing Old Tom, Link, Marvin Suggs & the Muppaphones, and Mahna Mahna & Snowths!! :flirt: So cool.

I put a tweet out after watching the first episode, now back to Twitter for another, including #RenewTheMuppets yet again, because, Love. :rolleyes:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There really aren't good characters anymore these days, which is one of the points I've made in the past, and this is a common complaint about TV today, is that most characters on TV today are unlikeable jerks who care nothing about what conflicts they may cause or who they may wrong.
That's basically what the Seinfeld characters were, love the show, but they cared nothing about others and if what they were doing was wrong.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, but each of them had their own neurotic quirks that still made them funny and arguably endearing - there's less emphasis put on that aspect of characters today; there are what they call jerks with hearts of gold, then there are jerks with hearts of jerks, the latter of which seems to be the go-to type of character today.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:wisdom:
True, but each of them had their own neurotic quirks that still made them funny and arguably endearing - there's less emphasis put on that aspect of characters today; there are what they call jerks with hearts of gold, then there are jerks with hearts of jerks, the latter of which seems to be the go-to type of character today.
This isn't a jab at you at all,I was just curious. Have you seen "Doctor Who" ?
The characters on that show are surprisingly well rounded and the show is extremely creative. You may like it. And i'm talking about the new episodes(2005-present) not the old ones.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
God reading half these posts makes me realize why I hardly come here anymore. Just the same people bickering. Kermit & Piggy's relationship has advanced more then this place. All I'm gonna say is is I like the BBT and I don't care what anyone else says and two "he jumped out of the ding dang window.":shifty:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If we get Season 2:
1. Want Constantine to come back
2. Want Walter to come back
3. Tina Fey as Guest Star
4. Ricky Gervais as Guest Star
5. Ross Lynch as Guest Star
6. Skillet, Christian Rock Band, as Musical Guest Stars
So you basically want a Muppets Most Wanted TV show. :stick_out_tongue: